1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tegan And Sara...

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Dan Bozek, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist, D'addario Strings
    Saw your tweet about working with them on a couple of songs. Can’t wait!! Been a fan of them for a while and I can’t wait to hear what you’ve been working on!!

Too bad Walla isn’t involved this time around. I’ve been a big fan of all of his work in the last couple of years, and something tells me that the result of you two combusting over a tune in a room somewhere would be something that I’d probably like. :^) Ha ha.
  2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen

I'm a Walla fan. I have a lot to live up to. But I'll endeavor to do something unique to our working relationship. We shall see!
  3. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Excellent!! I'm sure it'll go well. I can't wait to hear.
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I love them anyone have a tab for Walking With A Ghost?
  5. T Bassman

T Bassman tysonmaiko.com Supporting Member

Wow so stoked your'e doing some Tracks with them! i lived in Vancouver for a long time and met them on several occasions. Super great and talented peeps! Your involvement will yield some fresh vibes for sure!

Say hello to my buddy Ted if he's around the sessions yet. He play keys and aux gtr's with them. Another talented cat:)
  6. micahbell

micahbell

Disclosures:
    Sales: Gerg's Music
    Are you producing or playing?
    I've never really been a fan but my fiancé is friends with their old drummer so we went to their last show in my town about a year ago.
    I could see your producing style being good with their electronic sounds-despite not being a fan if probably still check that album out if that was the case
  7. jmjbassplayer

8. NightTripper

NightTripper

Wow. I'm a huge fan of Tegan & Sara, I bet it's great to work with them!
  9. elloko

elloko

I don't know is this a JMJ work, but first single from new record:
  10. jmjbassplayer

Not mine, that's a hot Greg Kursten cut.
  11. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Thanks for the clarification. I like the track, and if that is the kind of energy the whole project is going to have, I'm pretty excited!!
  12. Jawbone

Jawbone

Anyone see their ACL show. Particularly mundane performance. I can understand the heat, maybe their jet lag, playing in the mid-afternoon or the lack of a dedicated crowd - but they were extremely boring. Unentertaining, appeared uninterested in performing and complained about the heat all the time. Band didn't seem all that together either. Glad the twins work better in a controlled environment like a studio – definitely one of those bands better to be heard than seen. Much, much better because of electronics and a good producer/mastering effect afforded in the studio than live. Glad you had a decent experience with them.
  13. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Congrats JMJ for getting that gig working with them that is really cool
  14. MetroBass

MetroBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    Just curious do you produce anyone that pays you or do you use some discretion? (Nothing against T&S)
  15. Dan Bozek

Dan Bozek

Disclosures:
    Watch the interview in the other post here. J talks about that, and mentions some stuff about working with T&S and how it was a good experience.
  16. jmjbassplayer

Is that a diss or is that an earnest question?
  17. Jungy

Jungy

I think he was trying to [diss]associate;) himself from your own personal troll a couple of posts earlier. I could be wrong though. It sounds kind of derogatory.
    In any case, keep up the good work!
  18. elloko

elloko

Closer Videoclip
    !
  19. rooted

rooted

Can't wait to hear what you do with them, Mista MJ... I've been a fan of their music from the start. Dig the video ^^^ of "Closer".
  20. Wagz

Wagz

I LOVE their new album.

It bounces all over the 80s/ early 90s map of musical influences, I hear Prince, Talking Heads, Cyndi Lauper, the Cure. If this is what their grab at more commercial success sounds like, I wish more bands went this route when they hit that particular crossroads. It is a really well-produced album. :bassist:

They seem like two very centered, intelligent, mature artists who've grown up 'in the biz'.

I have to know - JMJ which tracks were yours?