1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Teisco Shortscale Bass ideas

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by pmic, Dec 6, 2012.

1. pmic

pmic

Attached Files:

2. 4dog

4dog

Why not just redo it as a tiesco,,,what did ya give for it?
  3. pmic

pmic

I picked it up for $40. Fender style parts seem much more accessible. This does have a jazz bass look. I dont have much money, I wanna build a great lil bass. It has some mojo, just need to dial in the tone.
  4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Wow, she is a hammered old girl isn't she. A pair of Dark Star's, a nice Aguilar preamp and find a bridge cover. You will be golden. A new pickguard and slap some paint on her and she will ROAR!! But then again, the neck probably has issues since it's a Teisco and has been hammered, so your best bet is to spend the $200 on a Mustang and keep the Teisco for wall art :eek::D
  5. 4dog

4dog

^^^^ thars where i was heading,, the necks were not known for their reliability ,, very few of them are straight or even fixable ,, cool to look at though
  6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Pimp my bass!! No really, in all fairness, there are so many options and better beginning points, souping up the Teisco is kind
    of a loosing battle since the necks were really unstable and the body/neck joint usually are pretty bad. Now that still doesn't mean that
    you are not able to do a million things to this rockin little bass. What are you looking to get out of the bass when it is all done?
  7. pmic

pmic

Thanks for asking- I would like a little bang around garage rocker. Nothing fancy, just a fun lil bass to keep around and play out some parties w/ friends. Low investment, but would like to fix it up, you know- make'er sound good.
  8. Steveaux

Steveaux

You could make a wall clock out of it.