Tell me about my chain.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Flatpicker, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Flatpicker

Flatpicker

I always just played through a Sansamp into my rig or directly to the board or whatever. Got an itch to shake things up so I found a few pedals on craigslist. I like the new tones a lot so far, especially the low end capabilities of the Boss Parametric Equalizer. Wow that thing is cool.

My current chain:

P/J --> Boss TU-2 --> Boss LM-2B --> Boss PQ-3B --> Digitech Bass Multi Chorus --> Sansamp BDDI --> rig.

Any suggestions for improvements to the sequence? Comments? I'm wondering if I should put the limiter at the end of the chain... I haven't really pushed it yet but when I play live I tend to get excited and play really hard in moments. Hoping the limiter will help with unwanted peaks. Best practice to put it before or after the sansamp?

Attached Files:

2. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

I'm not sure LM2b is your best option for that. I've used one in the past to tame spikes from my EHX enigma but I didn't care for what it did for my sound. Ymmv though. Look into the MXR M87 compressor for a more transparent limiter/compressor.

The order you have it in seems about right maybe switch the eq and see what you like better but it should work fine the way you have it.

3. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

Conventional wisdom would suggest this order...

and if it were my chain i would approach it the same way...

Tuner
    Equalizer
    Chorus
    Limiter
    DI

Here is an article you should read

http://www.gmarts.org/index.php?go=222

4. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

For the chain, I'd fiddle around with it but would start with this:

P/J --> Boss TU-2 --> Boss PQ-3B --> Boss LMB-2 --> Digitech Bass Multi Chorus --> Sansamp BDDI --> rig

I also keep the limiter before the SansAmp.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. shenanigans

shenanigans

If you aren't using the DI on your SansAmp, then you might want to consider throwing the chorus after it just for fun. I usually prefer my chorus pedals after the gritty stuff.