1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Tell me about the BAT LSTR....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mmbongo, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

I can't believe I'm even looking at another Fuzz pedal, yet here we are!

The BAT LSTR. Looks interesting but does not get much press around here. So if you have it/used to have it..tell me about it. What's it's basic signature sound?

These are the fuzz pedals I have recently have (or still have in some cases!) and I've liked each one for different reasons:

W&C Tall Font Russian
    MojoHand BMP-1
    Fuzzrocious Grey Stache
    Earthquaker Hoof
    DMB Bumble

I prefer the fat creaminess of the Muff types such as the TFR and BMP-1. I liked the grindy mids of the Stache and Hoof, but missed the thick creamy bottom. I love the thick creamy bottom of the Bumble, but miss the grindy mids.

Right now I have the BMP-1 and the Bumble on my board fighting it out. I love them both for different reasons but won't keep both.

So, where does the LSTR fit in?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

*crickets*

Guess I'll scratch that one off my list!

3. russpurdy

russpurdy

Try one! I had one when I played more guitar and loved it. I'd actually like to get another one someday. After playing TONS of different muff it was one of my favourites. Imagine a slightly brighter and gainier TFR with a mid scoop/boost knob. That was my experience with it. Mostly used it with guitar but it was sweet.

4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

I had one and I had a Pharaoh too. I liked the LSTR a lot when it was run through an OD, so it stacks well.
    Tons of gain on tap, it doesn't lose bottom.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

5. Register to disable this ad