Tell me about the BAT LSTR....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mmbongo, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

I can't believe I'm even looking at another Fuzz pedal, yet here we are!

The BAT LSTR. Looks interesting but does not get much press around here. So if you have it/used to have it..tell me about it. What's it's basic signature sound?

These are the fuzz pedals I have recently have (or still have in some cases!) and I've liked each one for different reasons:

W&C Tall Font Russian
    MojoHand BMP-1
    Fuzzrocious Grey Stache
    Earthquaker Hoof
    DMB Bumble

I prefer the fat creaminess of the Muff types such as the TFR and BMP-1. I liked the grindy mids of the Stache and Hoof, but missed the thick creamy bottom. I love the thick creamy bottom of the Bumble, but miss the grindy mids.

Right now I have the BMP-1 and the Bumble on my board fighting it out. I love them both for different reasons but won't keep both.

So, where does the LSTR fit in?
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

*crickets*

Guess I'll scratch that one off my list!
  3. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Try one! I had one when I played more guitar and loved it. I'd actually like to get another one someday. After playing TONS of different muff it was one of my favourites. Imagine a slightly brighter and gainier TFR with a mid scoop/boost knob. That was my experience with it. Mostly used it with guitar but it was sweet.
  4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

I had one and I had a Pharaoh too. I liked the LSTR a lot when it was run through an OD, so it stacks well.
    Tons of gain on tap, it doesn't lose bottom.

Winner winner chicken dinner.