1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Tell me about this bass I just bought-Greco Phoenix

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn Captain, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

2. salcott

salcott

The slap switch probably adds a mid cut along w/ treble and bass boost.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

LOL What a surprise it's only been a week since your last NBD here is some info from another thread

his is a 1980's or 1990's era GRECO PHOENIX 4 string bass guitar made in Japan.

The Greco Phoenix is a bass that was ONLY available to the Japanese market. That is why you just don't see a lot of these.

This bass plays so easily. It practically plays itself, and you just need to guide it.
    It also sounds great. It has the classic precision jazz bass tone, but with no buzz due to the active electronics. It is pretty dead quiet when you're playing it, making it great for the studio and live sound. There's nothing worse than a bunch of single coil humm on stage ruining the entire stage sound.

- Greco Phoenix 4 bass guitar.
    - Precision Jazz bass set up
    - 34" scale neck, 24 frets.
    - Active electronics
    - Controls are Volume, Blend, Tone, and Mid Switch regular / scoop for slap
    - Ash body, three piece maple neck, ebony fret board. PERFECT wood combination to be a chameleon in all types of music
    - All gold hardware
    - Top side input jack. Will not break your cord when you lean the bass up against your amp
    - Weighs only about 8.5 lbs, or less. VERY easy to manage and great for those three hour gigs
    - Plays effortlessly. This is a Made in Japan bass and you know it the second you play it.

$395 plus shipping, so let's say $425 shipped to make it sound good.

$395 shipped with gig bag !

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Yah, that's the thread I bought it from.

The logo looks Gibsonish. Is this a copy of a bass that gibson made at some point?

7. OldDirtyBassist

OldDirtyBassist

Never seen one of those. It looks pretty serious.

8. SirMjac28

Hey wait a minute...... congrats looks to be a killer find I missed that one in the classifieds.

9. SirMjac28

I really don't think so I would say more Ibby or Yamaha influenced love that grain and that ebony board is the real deal.

10. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

They made a lot of Gibson copies, they probably just carried the logo through to their other basses.

11. tobias3469

tobias3469 Supporting Member

That's a cool bass. I'd rock it!

When you receive it post more photos if you can. I'd like to see a rear view of the neck to body joint.