1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Template for Fender USA Tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by gjbassist, Dec 29, 2012.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I recently bought a used set of Fender "F" tuners to use on a project bass I'm modding. They are the ones that have the two small posts that stick in to the back of the headstock and don't use screws. So I need to drill two small holes for each tuner in the back of the headstock. Does anyone know if there is a template available for this? I checked the Fender site but didn't see any thing. I just want to be as accurate as possible on the position of the holes.
  2. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Cover the head with tape. Dab the pins with some latex paint, align and press down. Remove and you have your marks to drill at. Do one tuner at a time, installing it before moving on to help with alignment.
  3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

That sounds like it might work. If I can't find or make an actual template I will give that a try. Thanks!