1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Template for Fender USA Tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by gjbassist, Dec 29, 2012.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I recently bought a used set of Fender "F" tuners to use on a project bass I'm modding. They are the ones that have the two small posts that stick in to the back of the headstock and don't use screws. So I need to drill two small holes for each tuner in the back of the headstock. Does anyone know if there is a template available for this? I checked the Fender site but didn't see any thing. I just want to be as accurate as possible on the position of the holes.

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Manitoba, Canada
    Cover the head with tape. Dab the pins with some latex paint, align and press down. Remove and you have your marks to drill at. Do one tuner at a time, installing it before moving on to help with alignment.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    That sounds like it might work. If I can't find or make an actual template I will give that a try. Thanks!