1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Template for Fender USA Tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by gjbassist, Dec 29, 2012.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I recently bought a used set of Fender "F" tuners to use on a project bass I'm modding. They are the ones that have the two small posts that stick in to the back of the headstock and don't use screws. So I need to drill two small holes for each tuner in the back of the headstock. Does anyone know if there is a template available for this? I checked the Fender site but didn't see any thing. I just want to be as accurate as possible on the position of the holes.

2. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

Cover the head with tape. Dab the pins with some latex paint, align and press down. Remove and you have your marks to drill at. Do one tuner at a time, installing it before moving on to help with alignment.

3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

That sounds like it might work. If I can't find or make an actual template I will give that a try. Thanks!