Temple Audio Locking Pedal Board System

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Testing123, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation Supporting Member

The Temple Audio Locking Pedal Board System (http://www.sonicstate.com/amped/201...udio-locking-pedal-board-system-truly-genius/) looks really great… at least I thought it did until I started thinking about the way the mounting plates attach to pedals with (what the gentleman in the video calls) a ‘strong adhesive’. Seems this would be the weakest link in the chain as I’ve heard some complain about Velcro coming off due to heat from some pedals. Once that happens, or begins to happen, you’re going to need another plate ($$) in a pinch, or a resourceful mod if you have a bit more time to fix things.

I’ve not seen one in person, so I can’t speak from experience. As I said, seems like a great idea to me, with the one exception noted above. What do you think?
  2. basspedaler

basspedaler Supporting Member

it looked like a dbl sided thin pad. just as sticky as velcro I'm sure.
    I would carry a spare nut or two for when they vibrate off. with all the holes, one could run a zip tie around a box too.
    I think it's a really sharp looking board!
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Nifty idea for sure. The adhesive looks to be very similar to tougher velcro methods, so I wouldn't be worried about it coming loose. As long as you mount good velcro properly it really doesn't come off (good velcro and properly being the operative words).

I don't see myself converting over to it though, I don't like the idea that much and I'm pretty vested in what I have already.
  4. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

I think it's a cool idea but I don't think it can do anything heavy-duty vecro and half an hour of planning with a pedaltrain can't.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Actually, I take that back. IEC and in/out jacks as standard is pretty tidy.
  7. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

Innovative for sure but really expensive.
  8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

What happens when you want to sell the pedal? say goodbye to all of the paint on the bottom of the pedal you won't be saying "minty" in the description no wait people are doing that now with pedals that have scratches and paint missing.:)
  9. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

There was a kind of lengthy thread over at ilovefuzz regarding this product. The design isn't that new because Custom District has been making a nearly identical product for a while. (They made Jean Baudins board).

I'm satisfied with Velcro.
  10. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Media:
    I thought the same thing. I was watching the documentary "Fuzz: the sound that revolutionized the world" and one of the interviewees (can't remember his name) posed the question "What's the #1 most important thing that a musician needs in any piece of musical gear?" And the answer was resale value. For better or worse, velcro is the standard for most all of us which makes it quite easy to swap / flip / trade / sell / buy pedals from eachother. That said, those of us pedal hounds on TB are probably not normal. I'm sure there are people who find pedals they like and just stick with them.
  11. bassgod0dmw

I don't think it would be any different than pulling off industrial velcro or dual lock. But I guess I've never had to pull velcro off when selling a pedal.
  12. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Velcro doesn't rip paint off when you remove it so I don't see how this would be any different. It would be really cool if they just made the adaptors so they screw to the bottom of the pedals either on top of the bottom cover or just flat out replaced it.
  13. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    What a sham! Not only did they rip off Custom District's Quick Change system, which I have been using for almost 2 years (in the video he says he came up with it 7-8 months ago) - Plus the #say no to velcro is absolute as you still need to stick adhesive on between the pedal and the plate.

A tiered Custom District board is so much better that this!

[​IMG]
  14. bassgod0dmw

Those are crazy expensive. No way to run cables through the board easily, not much room under them to mount a PSU, and the plates they use have a bolt sticking out the bottom so you'd need to remove it if you ever wanted to use the pedal without the board. JMHO of course.
  15. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    Totally.

[​IMG]
  16. M0ses

M0ses

I don't get it. Why not just remove two opposite corner screws on the pedal box and replace them with thumbs screws that go through the board. No modification necessary. You could even build a small compartment into the underside of the board to store the screws you took out.
  17. bassgod0dmw

Well that answers all of my concerns :rolleyes:

That cost how much money?
    Without a tiered option, how do you run cables through it?
    And the plates still have bolts sticking out of them.
  18. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Media:
    Moderated. Keep it light! :)