Tendinitis

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Trevor Murphy, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Trevor Murphy

Trevor Murphy

I've had tendinitis for about a month now. I keep getting asked to do gigs on upright but have to turn them down until my arm heals. I've been icing it every night and taking anti inflammatory meds.
    Anybody have advice on speeding up the healing process? It really sucks to not be able to play
  2. huckleberry1

huckleberry1 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    student
    Personally, I would rest and let it heal and ensure I didn't do permanent damage.
  3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

I'm curious as to this answer as well. I'm an electric player and have had it in my left wrist for about a year now. Very frustrating. The anti inflammatory meds only seemed to kill some of the pain but not really do much else long term.

I actually had my doctor do the tendinitis injection straight into my wrist, made it numb for a day then a day later it was almost as if nothing had been done at all.
  4. tleebassist11

tleebassist11 Taylor Lee Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Epifani
    Take a break for a week at least, ice it, get accupressure massage,yoga, and eat really healthy. Also when i had tendonitis from playing upright it went away shortly after I started taking homeopathics!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tom Lane

Tom Lane Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    I suffered from severe tendonitis in my left arm 18 months ago. I stopped playing the bass for 3 months or so and then resumed, but the pain continued at a much less degree. I tried a variety of things, bands, Rolfing, massage, resting, and then I found this YouTube video. After 8 weeks of doing the exercises recommended in this video AND improving my left-hand technique, I'm pain free. The left-hand technique makes a world of difference, but once you've injured your arm, I think you have to exercise the arm to relieve the damage. Hope it helps.
  7. Denver Max

Denver Max

I've started wearing a wrist brace on my left wrist while I play. It keeps me from bending my wrist at weird angles and generally helps prevent behavior that will cause me to be sore later.
  8. brianrost

brianrost Supporting Member

Are you getting any physical therapy? That really speeds up the process of recovery.
  9. bassist1962

bassist1962

Thank you for the video link. I have had pain in my elbows and wrist since a sledding trip over the holidays. I still need to see a doctor, but my wife (a former nurse) seems to think it is either osteoarthritis, or tendonitis.