1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Tentative FT: MTD 535-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fitbass3p, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitbass3p

fitbass3p Supporting Member

10 days ago, I decided to come back into the bass fold after a little eighteen months without playing. I bought this absolutely MTD 535-24 from http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/mtd-535-24-2012-sale-1051931/ , and it's everything everyone said it could be. There's only one problem: I suck now. This bass is way better than I am, and it's insulting for me to play it :ninja:

This is way too much bass for me, as much as it pains me to admit. So I need to go back to something simpler. You know, a passive 4-string Jazz, or PJ, something that I'm not going to feel like a fool playing (I don't like that feeling, or I'd obviously not get rid of a bass this awesome)

So while I sit in the woodshed and try to catch back up to some semblance of knowing what I'm doing, I thought I'd see if there was someone looking to do the opposite. Hit me up with trade offers or questions. I fully reserve the right to "come to my senses." And yes, this is FT ONLY. Though it could be a trade down, for the right bass.

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the wall of text.
  2. egstrings

egstrings Supporting Member

Man, just get back in the shed, buy you a squier to get back into bass playing!! Nice bass tho!!
  3. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

What is the trade value?
  4. fitbass3p

fitbass3p Supporting Member

The trade value is in the low-mid $3k range (3300-3400).

The bass weighs between 8.6 and 8.8 lbs on my scale.

I've tried to keep up with offers, but so many people have sent offers completely outside what I wanted that I've had to stop responding to things that aren't at least close to what I requested.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.