1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Tentative FT: MTD 535-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fitbass3p, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitbass3p

fitbass3p Supporting Member

10 days ago, I decided to come back into the bass fold after a little eighteen months without playing. I bought this absolutely MTD 535-24 from http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/mtd-535-24-2012-sale-1051931/ , and it's everything everyone said it could be. There's only one problem: I suck now. This bass is way better than I am, and it's insulting for me to play it :ninja:

This is way too much bass for me, as much as it pains me to admit. So I need to go back to something simpler. You know, a passive 4-string Jazz, or PJ, something that I'm not going to feel like a fool playing (I don't like that feeling, or I'd obviously not get rid of a bass this awesome)

So while I sit in the woodshed and try to catch back up to some semblance of knowing what I'm doing, I thought I'd see if there was someone looking to do the opposite. Hit me up with trade offers or questions. I fully reserve the right to "come to my senses." And yes, this is FT ONLY. Though it could be a trade down, for the right bass.

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the wall of text.

2. egstrings

egstrings Supporting Member

Man, just get back in the shed, buy you a squier to get back into bass playing!! Nice bass tho!!

3. xabicho

xabicho

What is the trade value?

4. fitbass3p

fitbass3p Supporting Member

The trade value is in the low-mid $3k range (3300-3400).

The bass weighs between 8.6 and 8.8 lbs on my scale.

I've tried to keep up with offers, but so many people have sent offers completely outside what I wanted that I've had to stop responding to things that aren't at least close to what I requested.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Supporting Member

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.