1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Test for selling insurance.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike M., Feb 19, 2014.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Yesterday I attended an introductory seminar at an insurance company that deals mainly with the insurance needs of seniors. Got a brief introduction to Medicare, Medicade and Life insurance. Wow! A lot of information packed into a bit over an hour.

Afterwards I filled out a brief questionnaire and sometime early next week I'll be going back for a one on one interview. If they think I'd be a good potential candidate then the next step is studying for and taking the online test to become licensed in selling insurance.

To those who've taken the online tests: I'll give it to you straight. I'm 60 years old and the last time I've studied for and have taken any kind of a test was in 1971 when I was a senior in high school. So there's a bit of a concern on my part as to how well I'd "test" these days, especially with a test that's timed. Safe to say it's been a while since my brain has been in study mode.

Not looking for any answers, but maybe a few pointers that might help me to somewhat prepare for the possibility.

Bottom line, I'm 60, I'm laid off and with no offers from anyone else I'd like to give this my best shot. If nothing else I want to be able to say "at least I tried."

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. bass_case

bass_case Used Register Supporting Member

Research the company and it's products. Sounds like some type of supplemental ins. There are some scam companies taking advantage of the general Obamacare confusion to sell garbage policies.

3. Richland123

Richland123

I recently bought an insurance agency I now own that is affiliated with a very large company. I had to study (very hard) and take a test for Property & Casualty Insurance and a test for Life, Health, & Accident Insurance to get my licenses.

There is no way they can give you one simple test and you are done.

There are monitored testing centers for each state, background checks, and much more involved.

The tests are not easy and you have to be prepared beforehand.

I was in the insurance business years ago and left and things have changed drastically with the testing since then. I'm 57 years old; so, you are never too old to learn.

My suggestion is take courses either in person or books and online sample tests before you take the "real" test.

If you want to PM me, I will be happy to discuss in detail what to do and how to be prepared.