1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Thank You CP...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Casting Thunder, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I recently picked up guitar, and I've found it nearly impossible to get a decent wrist position on my fretting hand. Upon inspecting my hand I noticed that every time I separated my ring and pinky fingers, my pinky finger would turn in, and to an extent under my ring finger.
    [​IMG]

I have cerebral palsy, so I realize it's probably that and I can stretch it to the proper position, but I need to know what that is.

So able-bodied people, how should my pinky be acting?
  2. Marcury

Marcury High and Low Supporting Member

Your pinky can take along time to be usable CP or no. It tends to have a mind of its own, but if you can stretch it to the proper position then patience will serve you well.
  3. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

So yeah, what is the proper position? I honestly have no clue. :help:
  4. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

My hand does the same thing, I don't have cp. My fretting callus on my pinky is not centered on the finger either, so it's not like I learned to make my pinky "straight", I just used it as it addressed the string. So at least you just have the normal learning curve on that one.

I admire your resolution to not let cp keep you from playing music!