Thank you to Bass Strings Online

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bluebird28, Jan 24, 2013.

1. bluebird28

bluebird28

Another thank you to Justin at Bass Strings Online for great service and getting the product delivered quickly and questions answered so I can go on smiling.:hyper:

You are Great
  2. blindrabbit

blindrabbit Supporting Member

+1 to that. Great guy, great service.
  3. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

Agreed. Just placed my second order with Bass Strings Online. Great service from a guy who has his bass playing brethren's back!
  4. Habilis

Habilis Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. obsidianbass

obsidianbass

Yeah, I'll add to the love. I tell everybody who will listen in this cold frozen north about Bass Strings Online. Very convenient and awesome!
  7. Green1

Green1

The ONLY place I buy strings......great guys and great service:bassist:
  8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 The guy knows his strings and is very active here.
  9. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Indeed, he commented on a thread where I had several questions about flatwounds for a 6 string and he had all the info I could possibly want... Ordering some strings from him tomorrow!
  10. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

+ 1 as well
  11. flashboom

flashboom

I had a great experience myself recently. After over a year of having flatwounds on my MIM Jazz, I decided to go back to roundwounds. On the advice of my guitar tech, I bought DR Marcus Miller lights (.40-.100). My tech's reasoning was that a bass already has a deep sound so there is no reason for a heavy string- a light one should do the job just as well. He installed them and did a beautiful setup, but I didn't care for the strings. They were great for slapping and popping, especially the "G" string. However, I'm a beginner and my teacher wants me to learn to pluck really hard. When I did, there was too much string rattle, even through the amp. Plucking hard even changed the tone of the string being plucked.

I wasn't happy so I contacted Jason at Bass Strings Online and asked for his advice. He recommended GHS Boomers in medium (.45-.105) and I couldn't be happier. They are a bit on the mellow side, which I prefer and have deep,full, rounded tone that seems to suit the Jazz very nicely.

These were probably the least expensive strings I've bought so far. Jason could have steered me to a more expensive set but instead gave his honest opinion, which turned out to be right on. That kind of integrity is rare these days. All that and they got here in only a couple of days. I can't say enough about Bass Strings Online except to say that dealing with them is such an enjoyable experience that I wish I needed to buy strings more often.

BTW, check out the January issue of Bass Player. There is a nice shot of Jason hocking his wares at the most recent Bass Player Live.
  12. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Thank you everyone! Makes me very happy to see everything we do is appreciated!

Will pass the kind words on to the shop.

:)
  13. rpsands

rpsands

Bass Strings Online is the only place I buy strings anymore, period.
  14. rhp335

rhp335

Just bought my first set of strings (Sadowsky flats) from Bassonline and am a happy camper. Recommend them to everyone.
  15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

The shop? For some reason I always imagined bassstringsonline as a guy in his house with floor to ceiling boxes of bass strings and a very tolerant wife.

Also, the only place I buy strings.
    nicopiano likes this.
  16. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Supporting Member

I went online and ordered a set of Chromes + a B string on Friday, Jan 25th around 5:00PM Eastern time. I got a tracking number via email about 90 min later. I just received my strings this afternoon, Monday the 28th, and I've got to say this is the way a business earns repeat business. Great prices, great service, an easy to navigate website.... what more could you ask for?
  17. bassnyc1

bassnyc1

Big +1
  18. OzzyGreg

OzzyGreg Supporting Member

I just ordered a set of strings from bassstringsonline.com for the first time after reading so many raves about them here on TB!

You can't beat word-of-mouth promotion (so to speak) in business.