1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

thanksgiving with a guitarist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by maxrathburn, Nov 22, 2012.

1. maxrathburn

maxrathburn

So today (thanksgiving, duh) my moms friend is coming over with her boyfriend, who happens to be a great guitarist for a local band that plays classic rock stuff (like i do). He is going to bring his guitar, and we will probably be playing together. Yesterday i just had my first "rehearsal" with a little """band""" (not really anywhere close yet) with my drummer and and another guitarist whom i had never met. It was pretty fun, and got to see where we are going to play for a little while. Anyways, i hope i can ask him some questions about live sound and whatnot since i haven't really had much experience with it. Is there anything that i should bring up in particular? He has his own little studio in his house so he knows quite a bit about that stuff. Hopefully it will be fun, and we know some of the same stuff. I'm not sure what exactly he knows, but i am sure we know quite a bit of the same stuff. Should i play the song through an ipod dock, just because its a guitar and a bass? I'm a little lost here...just looking for some advice. Thanks.
  2. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

You're overthinking it! Just play, jam, have fun. Find some songs you both know, and play!
  3. agent77

agent77 Tin Foil Hat Wearer Supporting Member

+1
  4. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

How did it go for you?
  5. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

He is still playin or asking questions I think :)
  6. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    They've gotten through all of the bassist jokes, and have moved on to drummers.
  7. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Ah, just realized the time zone's probably different lol...it's after 11pm here.