1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

That Ampeg Heritage B15 - beautiful but $

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Slowgypsy, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

2. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Wow! Still.....maybe I can get a paper route or something and get this!!
  3. majortoby

majortoby

At that price, it would almost be logical to just find a skilled tech to build ya one lol. After all, that's a fairly easy schematic to yank off the interwebs.
  4. prd004

prd004

Yeah I was really interested in one of these, but that price is pretty much a dealbreaker. Bummer.
  5. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

I'm sorry, but how can they justify that price tag? I just don't get it....
  6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Ouch is right! But that is dead sexy...
  7. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

$4000, they are out of there minds... especially when I can get a vintage one on craigslist for $750.
  8. fenderhutz

fenderhutz

3,999!?!?!?!?!?

Wow. I bought my B15 reissue used around 98 for a steal at $750.00 bucks from an actual Ampeg rep. I see them sell for a quarter of that price everywhere used (old and new).

Huge fail. That amp needs to sell about half that price and they would STILL make a killing on the cost versus sales price.
  9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

I thought it would be expensive but this is pushing the envelope.
  10. tdub0199

tdub0199

OVER RATED!!!!!!
  11. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

They have a lot of time, money, and labor in these. I bet they're losing money.
  12. fenderhutz

fenderhutz

I am waiting for the obligatory "It's only expensive if you can't afford it" post.
  13. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I wonder how they come up with such a high price..they must have done some market research and the results justified the price....thats the only logical thing I can think of...

The B - 15 does fall into the "collectable" category...not the new versions...

aside from all of the above... the amp really looks great and I would love to hear one.
  14. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

Hey guys... if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it.:D

There... done....
  15. Classickbass

Classickbass

16. C.Linton

C.Linton Supporting Member

The only reason it's that expensive is because they know there are at least 50 people out there willing to pay that much for a "genuine" B-15. It's not an epic fail if they never intended it as an amp "for the masses". As far as I can tell, it's a marketing gimmick meant to stir up buzz about their new line of much less expensive Portaflex amps.
  17. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

If $4000 drops in my lap in the next few weeks, I will SOOOOO get one of these! Until then, I will buy one of those cute little BA110 with 35 watts!!
  18. Blah114

Blah114 Supporting Member

I have seen a lot of amps.. but charging $3999 for this is insane.. I am sure there will be a lot of ppl buying it.. but.. is it really worth it? That's more than an SVT CL.. You can get a used SVT CL, or new for that matter, and pair it with Ampeg, Berg, Epifani, etc.. for less than that.. that being said, I personally have never heard a better sounding amp than the old B15s...
  19. pedroims

pedroims Supporting Member

wow, I think I am going to wait until one of the vintage one show up in the classified section for way less than that.
  20. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

I'll take 10 at that price. The cheapest I have seen one that works is $1800. Every one I have seen under 2k is beat and needs work. It really isn't out of line when you consider inflation. They were not cheap back in the day and they are not cheap now.