The " + 1" Army

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CalboDaGo, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalboDaGo

CalboDaGo

really grinds thee ole gears. someone (typically the OP), may make a veeeery long-winded post, which is cool, i enjoy a good read just as much as the next guy. my issue is, why do some of you copy that ENTIRE post, paste it back in the thread, and follow it with a lazy " +1 "? sir / ma'am...are you serious? it just took me 17 finger flicks to scroll though that original post, now ive scrolled though it AGAIN on a count of YOU, and i'll probably have to scroll though it 12 more times during the first two pages of any given thread, and you have nothing more to offer than " + 1"? YOU members...YOU who engage in this type of behavior are who i refer to as the "+1 Army",YOU who owe TB so much more than a +1...you who will +1 my statment as if to say "yer right on calbo, but +1 . your statement is lacking something vital..so i'll add 1 to it, but i wont share what it is".:oops: that felt GOOD, mods i wasnt sure if this belonged in the off-topic section or the technique section perhaps? please feel free to move it or sticky it.. and why do guys always tell mods to move something? lmao! *my mod voice* "thankyou for your permission BedroomBass6969, i would have never known to do that without your direction" :cool:
  2. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

+1

.......................but not really.
  3. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

+1

Sorry couldn't resist. You're misunderstanding. People say "+1" because they agree with everything you say and the way you said it.

Calm down. This is a really stupid thing to be angry about. Sheesh.
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Sometimes there's nothing to add. It doesn't prevent me from giving my opinion in a short way.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

+1
  7. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

I see what you did there.

Oh, and +1.
  8. TheMightyWoot1

TheMightyWoot1

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

+1.
  9. JFOC

JFOC

I disagree
  10. CalboDaGo

CalboDaGo

lol, the +1 Army doesn't make me mad, they make me do a whole lot of extra scrolling. by my calculations, i spend about 15-20 minutes per month on just scrolling alone. i figure thats time that could be spent slapping inside guitar center or making babies. i know +1 means "i agree /high-five"..my issue is with that guy who re-posts an entire , mile -long post or entire series of pictures just to add +1 at the end..thats the digital equivalent of over-forestation.
  11. Unprofessional

Unprofessional Supporting Member

+1
  12. CalboDaGo

CalboDaGo

+1 @ calbo
  13. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

-1 and your post is a mess to read by the way, -2.
  14. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

15. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

+1 means "I agree, and there is nothing else I can add."

Except for those occasions where someone goes "+1, and....." or "+1, but....."
  16. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

If you're really worried about that 15-20 minutes per month...well...what are you sitting there for? Go forth and copulate.
  17. AaronMB

AaronMB

"THIS." :spit:

And--hey there it is, the "and"--the "Mods, feel free to move this thread" is not, obviously the OP's blessing, but rather their attempt to say: "I'm not sure if this goes here. Sorry if this in the wrong spot; I won't be butt hurt if this is moved" (because folks get upset about the silliest things, such as threads being moved to the appropriate sub-forum and what-not).

Is there a formula to figure time spent scrolling?
  18. CalboDaGo

CalboDaGo

messy...maybe. it was designed that way. im trying to paint a picture here and take the reader on a journey. my frantic, "mess to read" style is meant to challenge the reader, and by the end youre supposed to feel frustrated and spent...as if youve been scrolling all afternoon. .. +1 to the guy in the suggestive red tee shirt.
  19. deeptubes

deeptubes

LOL! +1
  20. CalboDaGo

CalboDaGo

hey hammerhed, why didnt you suggest i slap some bass inside guitar center for 15-20 minutes instead? lol...+1 :eyebrow:
  21. CalboDaGo

CalboDaGo

awesome replies guys and gals, keep em coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.