The Beatles Ready Box Set of All 13 U.S. Albums

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Richland123

Richland123

2. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Are these the same re-masters that were all the rage a couple years ago? Or are these different? I don't see how it would be possible to surpass the mono sets from a few years ago.
  3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Pretty cool but it would have been more appropriate to release it February 9.
  4. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

No, these are the U.S. releases (you know, the ones that inspired the butcher cover). Both mono and stereo tracks will be on each CD (except for The Beatles Again/Hey Jude which was only released in stereo). What came out in 2009 were the mono and stereo versions of the original UK releases. So, you get all that faux stereo, reverb, and compression that Capitol added here in the U.S.

That said, some of the masters used on these tracks are culled from different mixes, etc., than the UK versions, so there are some actual musical differences as compared to the UK versions. So, yet another set of Beatles on CD. :rolleyes: And yes, I'll be buying some of them :D (they are selling them individually for a limited time, except for the interview/documentary, The Beatles Story). I already have the mono/stereo versions of the first eight U.S. albums from The Capitol Albums, Vols. 1 and 2.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Just in time for X-Mass I'm in thanks.