1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

"The Beauty of Solo Bass"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JeffVanter, Feb 14, 2014.

1. JeffVanter

JeffVanter

I've been getting a LOT of negative feedback when I shared it with my friends in town (who are bassists.)

What do you think :ninja:

Video Here.

2. driftingupward

driftingupward Gold Supporting Member

I think it's cool. Not really my thing but I can appreciate the sound. What exactly don't your "friends" like about it?

3. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

No offense, but your friends are lame. Luckily, your playing is not! :) I especially like the sliding double-stop lick at 1:54.

It's probably some narrow-minded idea about what the role of the bass guitar is supposed to be. My advice? Forget what other people say (or play) and be true to yourself. See also my sig line.

4. exidor

exidor

Great job! I like all the wear on your bass from playing the crap out of it.
    tell your friends to kiss the rabbit!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. russpurdy

russpurdy

Sounds good to me. Personally I get confused as to why people choose to play a bass when everything they are playing is in an extended high register (guitar territory) but if it's sounds good then I guess my personal hang ups don't add up to much haha.

7. exidor

exidor

for them to kiss the rabbit,simply turn your front pockets out they are the ears.and you can guess where the rabbits face will be!

8. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

i never expect anyone to like my music, just respect the technique. i personally don't care for this song, but i respect your abilities. the solo needs to explore the lower registers for me to like what you did. i'm more than sure i will dig other stuff you do, but for now....
    :bassist:

9. onosson

onosson

Music is music. Sounds great to me.

10. rberry7777

rberry7777 Supporting Member

Very nice. Individual and inventive technique. Your "friends" are simply jealous. Forgive them. They can't help being idiots-obviously.

11. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

Not what I was expecting when I read "solo bass", but definitely good music. I don't see why your friends complain about it...
    Edit: I listened to Hope, and I really like that one.
    Nother edit: Dreamlike Dimension is also pretty sweet.