1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The Best Christmas Ever

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGoblin, Dec 26, 2013.

1. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

I know, we all say that from time to time... However, with me, today... its true.

About a month and a half ago I started dating an amazing nerd... ahem, woman. She's beautiful, likes technology, guns, knives, preparing for the zombie apocalypse... All around great. That was an early christmas present alone...

Tuesday we exchanged gifts because we didn't know if we'd see each other yesterday. She got me a little RC helicopter(I'm 31 but those things are damn cool), a bottle of Baronjager(Honey bourbon) and a Benchmade Griptilian. Yesterday I opened gifts from my brother and nieces. My favorite being Bandfuse. I figured it'd be a great way to practice full songs and it's got a pretty good track listing.

My phone just vibrated.

Fedex delivery...

My Ibanez SR1600LE has been delivered!!! IM STUCK AT WORK FOR THE NEXT 6 HOURS!!! There will definitely be pics! I just had to tell someone!!!!!
  2. rootsnfifths

rootsnfifths Supporting Member

Sounds great. Ahhhh....anticipation. Post pics!
  3. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Sweet! Sounds like you've got a lot to do when you get home. I really dig those RC copters, as well. My dogs...not so much.
  4. pgolliher

pgolliher Supporting Member

Congrats on the girl and new bass! Last Christmas my 5 year old daughter gave me on of those little RC helicopters (she wanted it for herself- and convinced my wife that I would like it because I like to watch helicopters when they fly overhead.) Anyway, that little helicopter was the best present I have received in years. Literally hours of fun. Landing it in the narrow arm of a chair, flying it through the backs of chairs, chasing the cat, etc....
  5. bassteban

bassteban

Kickass! Wanna see that bass- or the girl. Or both :D
  6. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

Haha she JUST texted me saying we need pics. We don't have a single one together yet. We're both camera shy. We decided if we have to be in front of cameras we'd better make it VERY memorable. We're going quad/dirtbike riding on saturday and she's going to bring some of her arsenal. After we get muddy and gross from the ride we're going to pull out the guns and take some badass couples pics with the guns or something. Now we just need ideas!
  7. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

Here she is!!! The bass, not the girlfriend...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

9. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Absolutely gorgeous! Unquestionably the most beautiful Ibanez I've ever seen.
  10. Relayer71

Relayer71

Man I am so jealous on ALL fronts!!!

Those RC copters seem like a lot of fun, I've been secretly wanting one of those for a while :)

This is also my first Christmas as a single guy after my divorce earlier this year after 18 years of marriage and I want to keep telling myself, "ah, women, who needs them!", but not having a mate this time of the year sucks.

And lastly, that is an awesome Soundgear!!!!! Beautiful finish, congrats! What are the toggle switches for?

Seeing other people's good fortune, even strangers on an internet forum, makes me all warm and cheerful inside! :D
  11. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

One turns off the EQ, and the other one according to Ibanez is a mid frequency selector. I don't have a bass amp so I can't fully appreciate all the controls. I have to play through my computer/tv using rocksmith and bandfuse for now. I played for several hours last night and had a great time playing songs I never would have wanted to any other day.

[​IMG]
  12. pgolliher

pgolliher Supporting Member

Beautiful.
  13. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog Supporting Member

Simply stunning bass you have there BassGoblin.

I used to own a BTB 5 string. There is no way it was related to that beauty. I guess I need to start paying attention to Ibanez again.
  14. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

Thanks guys. I had a brb405 about 10 years ago, and it was very nice. I decided I was going to get a bass and make it a bass I absolutely never needed to replace. It accomplished the task just fine. I Just wish the mahogany on the back wasn't so... orange...
  15. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I stopped reading after She's beautiful, likes technology, guns.
  16. BassGoblin

BassGoblin

17. frankieC

frankieC Supporting Member

Very nice. Now you have 2 new "keepers"! Congrats.
  18. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

19. wraub

wraub

If your girl is half as hot as that bass, I'd say you did pretty ok.