1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The Best Sounding Bass I Ever have heard Demoed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

I admit that I am becoming a Fodera fan even if I cannot ever see me being able to afford one new except for maybe one of the standard models.

This bass sounds phenomenal! Too bad it's almost $15,00!:D As I said before, I cannot afford one at all, but I could certainly understand someone buying one.
  2. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Ermahgerd! That tone is suh-weet... What else do you expect from a Fodera though? :)
  3. Dr. Cheese

Maybe I could do this someday, but I guess Fodera prices are one more reason to order a Stambaugh.:D
  4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

gee, even the buzz sounded sweet!;)
  5. Marial

Marial Proud Papa-to-be Supporting Member

Very nice, but very modern.
  6. Dr. Cheese

True, but I think it shines in passive mode also.
  7. Marial

Marial Proud Papa-to-be Supporting Member

It doesn't sound that much different in passive mode to my ears, I hear the same tones, just with less sonic oomph or breadth.
  8. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

Wow, very very nice sound
  9. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

When I saw that demo a few weeks ago I immediately noticed how seamlessly integrated the B string was. I've heard a lot of basses that are very high quality and reputed to have good sounding low notes on the B string, but very few sounded musical to me. or very good at all. Fabulous tone on that clip up and down the neck and on every string, most definitely.
  10. Ivan M

Ivan M Gold Supporting Member

I am a fan of the IMPERIAL, Especially the Elite right here, same exact way, without the Blocks....Was thinking of putting an order in...but need to think things thru.

11. Wallace320

Wallace320

I love Fodera, very much like I love Sandra Bullock.

I'm divorcing right now (not my fault) by I'm hardly meeting Sandra to hangout:bawl:

Fodera is no way easier!

Cheers,
    Wallace
  12. Diogenes

Diogenes

I can definitely appreciate it... it's very impressive. But so is an Eclipse 400 personal jet but I just want to go hang-gliding.
  13. Lemon Of Troy

Lemon Of Troy

Love the woods and construction, outstanding!

Soundwise, it sounds exactly like my Spector which costs 1/3 as much :)
  14. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

I thought this was going to be another Wishbass thread.;)

I ordered an Emperor Standard for just over 1/3 of the price. It might not be AS good as this one, but I am really surprised at how good Foderas sound/feel.
  15. Dr. Cheese

A Spector is not exactly chopped liver! I love the way my Rebop sounds and the old MIA SSD five string I had was downright awesome.