1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

The Buckaroo Strangers at The Watherwheel Saloon 02/22/14

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassCliff, Feb 23, 2014.

1. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hey gang,

My vintage country project just finished up the weekend at a nice little honky tonk not too far from my home. See THIS THREAD for more pictures of the venue itself.

[​IMG]

We started out in the parking lot. No, we weren't doing what a lot of musicians usually do in the parking lot. We were actually going over vocal parts and arrangements.

[​IMG]

This is our soundguy, Kevin. He does a great job. I've worked with him before. He's been doing this for a while and has toured with and produced many major acts. (See the thread link above for pictures of Kevin's gear.)

[​IMG]

Sean and Joe are ready to rock. That's an electronic accordion Sean is playing. There are no actual reeds in that instrument.

[​IMG]

Paul gets comfortable in front of his steel.

[​IMG]

Arnie is ready to kick butt and take names.

[​IMG]

The whole band is about ready to get the show rolling. Where's that bass player? Oh yeah. He's taking the picture. :p

[​IMG]

Here's Kellye and I with Arnie just before we start a set.

[​IMG]

The place was jumping pretty good this weekend. It got really crowded as the night progressed.

[​IMG]

Here it is a little later in the night.

[​IMG]

Stephanie and Ashley, our servers, took real good care of us.

[​IMG]

This is Stephanie with Hannah, who also worked hard tonight.

[​IMG]

It was a small, loud stage. I had to wear ear plugs this weekend because I was so close to the drums and guitar amp.

[​IMG]

The drummer seemed to take pride in the fact that he could hurt me with his snare drum, the little dickens. I think it was a "sinker", made from petrified wood, very heavy and very loud. I would walk down the ramp on stage left toward the sound guy just to get away from the drum kit. We're going to have to talk about stage volume at the next rehearsal.

Here's one more of Paul and Kellye just as we're taking a break. The line dancers are already on the floor dancing to the DJ.

[​IMG]

It was a pretty fun weekend. We recorded audio and video hoping to get a few minutes for an EPK package. We'll see how it turns out.

[​IMG]

This gig is less than a half hour from my house. Not bad considering where most of my gigs are. So far I have summer concerts scheduled from Carlsbad to Covina to Cabazon. I'll have to get some new tires on the van soon. :rolleyes:

I hope your gigs went well. Let's see some pictures. Break a leg!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

2. Kyle Matthews

Kyle Matthews Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Proudly Endorse: Source Audio, Trailer Trash Pedal Boards & GerogeL Cables
    Awesome Cliff!

My new country band, Front Porch Rodeo, will be playing there several times over the next few months. We are playing the Friday and Saturday of the Norco Rodeo in April, YEEEHAW!

3. Camaro

Camaro

4. Slade N

Slade N sunn #91 AZ Bands #? Supporting Member

cliff..do you need a sub? where do you find all of them purdy ladies?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Was that an Aerodyne I saw sitting up there next to the 6 string bass?

Looks like a great place to play. If you got any good tape, I'd love to hear what ya'll sound like.

7. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

The other bass I brought that night was my Fender Jazz Special. I don't own anything as exotic as an Aerodyne. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

8. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Says the six string slinger...:D:D