The Clash Combat Rock

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BatCave2112, Jan 13, 2013.

1. BatCave2112

BatCave2112

Anyone here a big fan of the combat rock album? If so what's your favourite song and bass line? Mine is ghetto defendant and straight to hell.

2. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Love it. My second favourite Clash record, and definitely one of my favourite records of all time. I think my favourite tune on that record is Red Angel Dragnet... I love Simonon as a vocalist...

3. pflash4001

pflash4001

Death is a Star is one I like. Haven't listened to that in ages. I'm going to have to listen to that soon.

4. pica

pica

I love The Clash but Combat Rock is probably my least favorite Clash album.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kreider204

kreider204

Love it. Definitely "Ghetto Defendant."

7. BatCave2112

BatCave2112

I can see why not a lot of people liked combat rock, it was very different. I heard of the clash five years ago I never heard of one song by them I was about thirteen at the time. I was at hmv and I saw London calling and combat rock both in a bundle for ten dollars it was two CDs and it was cheap so I bought it right away. I loved London calling but I wasn't a fan of combat rock at first. About six months later I gave it more of a try and ever since I loved it my favourite album by them. I forgot to mention overpowered by funk is a great tune. Anyone actually like cut the crap? I do least favourite record by em but it is good what is your opinion on cut the crap?

8. dalkowski

dalkowski

Not at all my favorite Clash album, but my fave tracks on it are probably "Atom Tan" and "Straight to Hell."

9. Border

Border

I had the good fortune to see them perform when they opened for a Who concert back in the early 1980's. I have been a fan of thier music ever since. I too, like Combat Rock and London Calling as well as some of the music I have heard from Sandanista.

10. corndog

corndog Supporting Member

Probably Straight to Hell for me. I saw them on tour for this album, was outstanding (when weren't they ??)

Their best album for me is either Give Em Enough Rope or The Clash.