1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

the connection...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by supjer, Jan 16, 2013.

1. supjer

supjer

hey guys. so as you will see im total noob at this, so i beg for your help!!

i picked up my old bass again(sold the amp in the meantime) and bought a usb sound card icon cube g. and now here comes teh problem... i dont know how to connect the sound card with my speakers or computer or whatever to make is sound right :) i have no idea which cable goes anywhere. i have a 5.1 sound system and i want to make it work. i will also post pictures, so you can see my dillema and help me out. would love to play bass again.

so this is how my subwofer look like, it has 3 cables FR/FL, RR/RL and C/SW :
    [​IMG]

and on the sound card by line out you have only Right and Left, nowhere for the subwoofer..
    [​IMG]

or am i missing something? what must i connect to where?? please help :)
  2. nick98338

nick98338

5.1 stereo requires 5 channels Left-Front, Right-Front, Left-Rear, Right-Rear, Sub. The Icon Cube is actually an audio interface. 2-channels. Left channel. Right channel. That's it. The Cube is not a 5.1 sound card. It's designed for audio recording, which is 2-channel stereo. Not 5-channel stereo. I don't know of any way to turn an audio interface into a 5.1 stereo system.
  3. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

Just to clarify, Nick98338, 5.1 surround is six channels. The 5 are Left Front, Center, Right Front, Left Surround, and Right Surround and the .1 is the subwoofer.
  4. supjer

supjer

it doesnt even have to play 5.1. is there any way to connect this, to get a decent sound?
  5. supjer

supjer

someone help pls. going crazy at home with no sound...
  6. cacao

cacao

be patitien, im sure someone will come up with a solution. sadly i cant be the one :)