1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

The Delay LP - The debut LP from my band; on vinyl!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jbiscuti, Nov 14, 2012.

1. jbiscuti

jbiscuti Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Grolsch Strap Locks
    Listen here: http://youtu.be/B3nsKfWeNrE

I've been playing with The Delay since 2007. We have released about 5 EP's along the way, though in the last few years, our output has been spotty as our band leader/singer/songwriter was away at school. Still, we managed to have some very productive spurts of shows along the way.

When we were really firing on all cylinders, we were playing gigs just about every weekend and our setlist was always this LP, in full, in order, which we just continued to perfect and flesh out.

At the height of a particularly good run, we went into the amazing Carriage House Studios in Connecticut and cut our LP live.

That was in August 2010.

In the two years since, we have been largely inactive except for a show or two. Though we're all very close friends, life has just gotten in the way, other bands have gotten in the way, plus the mixing and mastering process took a very long time as we tried to figure out we were going to afford the engineers. :lol:

But it was worth the wait. Here it is. PLEASE listen loudly.

This is also available for order in 180 gram virgin vinyl! I heard the test pressing through some great speakers and it knocked my socks off. The detail was just astounding.

Enjoy!

P.S., to keep it bass-centric, our bassist Dave used my Rickenbacker 4003 through a roaring vintage SVT & 8x10, with a little help from a Big Muff. He's been playing a 4001 ever since. 8)

2. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

As in Nick Noto's Delay?

3. jbiscuti

jbiscuti Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Grolsch Strap Locks
    Yes! You know Nick?