1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

The Doors- Roadhouse Blues (Organ)

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Lupob6, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Lupob6

Lupob6

Aug 18, 2013
    Central NJ
    I have found the tab for the bass part, but I would like to play the more interesting line of the organ on my 4 string bass.

My ear isn't good enough yet to transcribe it (yet) if anyone would like to help me out I think it will sound pretty cool

Thanks,
    Josh

2. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Hi Josh, where in the song are you talking about?

3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Lupob6

Lupob6

Aug 18, 2013
    Central NJ
    The Intro into the "Roll baby Roll" part would be great

5. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Man, I'm sorry, but I think I have a different version because I can't hear an organ in there. The one I'm listening to just has the bass & guitar doubling that A-C-E-F# riff, with the piano and harmonica wailing away.

6. Lupob6

Lupob6

Aug 18, 2013
    Central NJ
    maybe it was a piano, I thought Manzerek played an organ. The harmonica and piano are the interesting parts in the song in my opinion

7. willeb

willeb

Jan 27, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    are you listening to a live version? With no full time bass player the bass lines were done on keyboards for the most part which may be causing some confusion.

8. pharmakon

pharmakon

Jun 15, 2010
    Florida
    I have the Doors full songbook at home. I can look it up and see what's going on ;)