The faces - stay with me.

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Bassmonkey16046, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Bassmonkey16046

Feb 10, 2011
    Anyone have a good tab for this beauty? Everything I found doesn't seem quite right.

2. lexington125

Sep 11, 2013
    hollywood, baby......
    it's funky this, and funky funky that, if you ain't funky, y'all, you ain't where it's at
    Not sure how helpful this is, but if you ever find a copy of the original Warner Bros. sheet music book for "A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse" (Ebay?) the transcription for "Stay with Me" is actually very, very good. (even if it is notated as the left hand piano part...)

I've got a copy somewhere (storage space?) and I remember learning most of the album from that book.

For anyone who doesn't know, published sheet music, especially when written for "vocals/piano" are usually notoriously bad, or just plain wrong, especially for guitar & bass parts. For some reason, this one example is the exception to the rule.

From memory, on the main verse (chords A to B to D), you play variations of a basic pattern over each of the three chords:

root - 7b - 6 - 5 - 3(major) - 5

followed by the cool little break (chords E- D - A)

root - slide up to 6 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 5 - 3

Its really not that difficult, a few different parts that follow the chord changes. when you've got this one down, try "Maggie Mae" - that should blow your mind for a few weeks. (true "lead bass")

Attached Files:

• NOD.jpg
      File size:
      10.4 KB
  3. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I had a few "Song Books" from the day...never had The Faces one, though.
  4. Sponsored by: