The faces - stay with me.

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Bassmonkey16046, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Bassmonkey16046

Bassmonkey16046

Anyone have a good tab for this beauty? Everything I found doesn't seem quite right.

Thanks.

2. pmatz2

pmatz2

3. lexington125

lexington125

Not sure how helpful this is, but if you ever find a copy of the original Warner Bros. sheet music book for "A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse" (Ebay?) the transcription for "Stay with Me" is actually very, very good. (even if it is notated as the left hand piano part...)

I've got a copy somewhere (storage space?) and I remember learning most of the album from that book.

For anyone who doesn't know, published sheet music, especially when written for "vocals/piano" are usually notoriously bad, or just plain wrong, especially for guitar & bass parts. For some reason, this one example is the exception to the rule.

From memory, on the main verse (chords A to B to D), you play variations of a basic pattern over each of the three chords:

root - 7b - 6 - 5 - 3(major) - 5

followed by the cool little break (chords E- D - A)

root - slide up to 6 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 5 - 3

Its really not that difficult, a few different parts that follow the chord changes. when you've got this one down, try "Maggie Mae" - that should blow your mind for a few weeks. (true "lead bass")

Attached Files:

• NOD.jpg
      NOD.jpg
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
  4. JimK

JimK

I had a few "Song Books" from the day...never had The Faces one, though.

5. Register to disable this ad