1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The Funk Machine, a novel

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by paddydaddyo, Aug 3, 2013.

1. paddydaddyo

paddydaddyo

Hey all,

In observance of the 30th anniversary of James Jamerson's passing, I just launched a blog about my historical fiction novel based on his legendary instrument:

www.funkmachinethenovel.com

I am offering the book as a download via the site. Please read it, and if you feel it was enjoyable, consider making a monetary gift via the PayPal link on the page. In keeping with the ideals of the gift economy, you set whatever amount you deem worthy. Or, not. It is entirely up to you.

Best regards,

Patrick
  2. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this Patrick! I just downloaded the PDF to my iPad's Kindle app and will check it out.

A new genre: "Bass Fiction"!
  3. paddydaddyo

paddydaddyo

You are welcome! Let me know how it works on the app, I am wrestling with trying to output the book in different formats and am having some headaches thus far ...

:meh:
  4. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Works fine. I simply emailed the PDF to my Kindle account. The app automatically imported the ebook. It is perfectly formatted. You swipe each page right to left to advance. Tap the page and a row of pages appears on the bottom of the screen for rapid scrolling through pages. I can't stand reading physical books anymore!