1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The G&L LB-100 P bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Green Lantern, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

2. PJRL

PJRL

I like it, glad to see them doing a classic P style bass again.
  3. SherwoodGreen

SherwoodGreen

I like every model that G&L makes.

I've owned an ASAT, L2K, and SB-2.
    Great basses at reasonable prices; it's cool to see that they're doing the LB again; also the SB-1.
  4. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

F@ckin Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Quackhead

Quackhead

Oh great. Now I'm GASing for another bass. :rollno:
  6. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Oh yeah, I've been contemplating the order for weeks, and if I played more regularly I'd probably pull the trigger because for awhile I've wanted something exactly like it. I love my SB-2, but sometimes want a more classic P-bass tone. I loved my Fender P with a Fralin, but due to various finger problems want to stick with J necks and low action, like the SB-2 and my JB with G&L's #8 neck. So here's the LB-100, which should provide classic P tone, and can be ordered with G&L's #8. Perfect! I'm thinking Ruby Red Metallic, creme guard, and maple board with the vintage tint gloss. Maybe a quartersawn neck, like my G&L JB. Would be friggin' sweet! :bassist: I probably won't be able to hold off for too long.

By the way, check out the G&L configurator at americanguitarandband.com. They don't have the LB, but the SB-1 looks basically the same.
  7. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

8. Godfather

Godfather

SO, is the pickup the only difference between this LB -100 and an SB-1?
  9. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

that, and the body shape.
  10. pbass2

pbass2

Wow. I've been thinking about letting my Glaub go for a different "P"(with a thinner nut), and I LOVE G&L--this could be the kicker....
    Possibly the best feeling bass I ever had was my departed L2500--always wanted to get back into the G&L camp...
  11. calypsocoral302

calypsocoral302

I thought the SB-1 had the same body shape as the Legacy Bass (LB-100), but swapped-out the traditional AlNiCo P-bass pickup for a "Magnetic Field" version, whereas the SB-2 had the trimmed-down body and J-style neck (kind of the "Sterling" to the SB-1's "Stingray")?

Maybe my memory isn't serving me correctly. Either way, this effectively scraps my plans for spending my tax return on an L-2000. While it may be more versatile, I've been waiting for G&L to bring back this bass FOR YEARS!

Actually, I might have to (eventually) get two-- one "50's style" (Ash body, Maple fretboard) and another "60's style" (Alder body, Rosewood fretboard)!
  12. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

This LB-100 appears to have the "traditional" P body shape with the upper and lower horns and body contour equivalent to a Fender P.
  13. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

Hmmm, I like. I'll take it in natural swamp ash with a maple fingerboard and black pickguard.
  14. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

hmm , did they drop the SB-1 ?

[​IMG]
    :D
  15. vbraca

vbraca

I love my original G&L LB-100, strung with TI flats :)

[​IMG]

I like that classic precision look and fell with some modern touch :)
  16. Quackhead

Quackhead

No, the SB-1 is still listed on their site.

17. johnson79

johnson79

G&L has been busy. They have a bunch of new basses and guitars, which is awesome.
  18. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

darn if I can find it
  19. dalkowski

dalkowski

I know G&Ls are awesome -- I almost bought one of the first Wunkays when they came out. But man, I just cannot get past the post-lawsuit headstock.
  20. Quackhead

Quackhead

Sorry I was confusing it with the SB-2.