The Go Getters

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by GKon, Jan 6, 2014.

1. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

Hi. My first time posting in this particular section.

The Go Getters, GREAT rockabilly band from Sweden, made their first ever appearance in Greece this passed weekend.

The night before they show, they dj'd at a local club. My friends and I went to meet them. They were all a bunch of great guys. We hung out, talked a lot about music, equipment, and hot rods and bikes! Had a few drinks and a lot of laughs.

The next night we went to see them play. They were AWESOME!! They sound just as good, if not better, than their CD's, live! Hi energy, fun, clean playing. The bass player, Anders, was a blast. He was nice enough to tell me all about his setup, rig, strings, amp etc. (I play electric bass but am now looking into learning upright).
    The guitarist, Totte, was tearing it up all night. Such clean and precise playing.
    And Peter, the Singer/Drummer, always laughing, smile on his face and having a great time with the crowd and band, all night long.

They were nice enough to play a couple of songs having to do with New York (my hometown) for me, as well as adding my name (Kon) into the lyrics of one of their songs.

I hope to get to Sweden some time to see them there.

Anybody else here live in Athens and get to see them?