The Gogo tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MoeGJBeener, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

Anyone have any experience with the Gogo pedal tuner? It's got a huge display that is red when you're out and green when you're in. I ordered one from hello music because my 13 year old boss tu-2 died the other night. Couldn't pass up the $50 Gogo!

Just wanna hear what you guys think if you own one.
  2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

make a review of it please, i am going to purchase it also, when my money came haha
  3. MoeGJBeener

Will do! I'm excited for its HUGE display
  4. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MoeGJBeener

Hmm I read reviews on Sam Ash and everything was positive. 5 stars on all the reviews. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
  7. bassbrad

bassbrad

I have a couple of the head stock tuners from go-go that I am very happy with. They work fine and the display makes them easy to use. Initially I bought onefor 20 bucks to see and wound up getting a few more.
  8. MoeGJBeener

I was curious about those! I think I may get one simply because its cheap!
  9. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

And the size seems to be smaller than most pedals out in the market too. Accuracy is +-0.5, more accurate than the pitchblack. Price is almost half of the tc. Looks like a winner. To me. Now only performance is a question here
  10. MoeGJBeener

My thoughts exactly! My guitarist has a pitchblack, and compared to my boss tu-2, I don't really care for it. I can't wait for my gogo to arrive! :-D
  11. richntiff

richntiff

I put a thread on here yesterday about my new pedal tuner - it's a Snark (company that makes the clip on headstock style tuners). The display looks to be as big as the Gogo - really nice and bright. I got it for $35/shipped brand new on Ebay, even came with accessories (planet waves 9v adaptor, a Fender 6" pedal cable, some picks, a batter). Only used it for one rehearsal, but it seems really nice! My lead guitar player has a GFS tuner, my rhythm guy has a Digitech multi effects with built in tuner, this tuner is much nicer than either of those.
  12. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

i bought the pedal, today,size is slightly bigger than mxr, as shown in the picture below. the display is damn huge and bright, as you guys can see it below
    [​IMG]

in dark lighting
    [​IMG]

back of pedal
    [​IMG]
  13. MoeGJBeener

Love the huge display!
  14. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

one comment on this though. if you want to have a fast responsive tuner, the gogo is not for you, they are a bit slow for my preference.
  15. MoeGJBeener

I have the clip on and the pedal. I think the clip on does have a little delay to it. But compared to a boss tu-2 and a Korg pitchblack, I don't see any lag in my gogo pedal tuner.
  16. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Reviving old thread - looking for a new pedalboard tuner.... The gogo looks interesting, but those who have one - it has no adjustable base pitch calibration right? Viz. It is set to 440hz.... I can't see any adjustable settings
  17. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

One of the other bands had one of these at an indoor gig I played last weekend. It was definitely highly visible to anyone with a view of the guy's pedalboard.
  18. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

The company got back to me, set to 440hz only .... Oh well, have to wait for MK 2 version then ...