1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD The Great Lakland Skyline Sell-Off: 44-64 Custom Dunn & DJ4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by friskinator, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

I just bought a Lakland US Glaub, so that unfortunately means it's time to put both my Skylines up for sale. Both are in excellent condition with extremely minimal wear, and I'll do my best to describe each in detail. I wish I could keep both of these, but the credit card bill for the US Glaub is gonna hurt if I don't sell them.

* SOLD *Up first is a 2008 Skyline 44-64 Custom (Duck Dunn) Precision in Candy Apple Red. Made in Indonesia. Definitely one of the best P-basses I've owned. The Jazz-taper neck (1.5" nut) is smooth and fast, and the Neo-Punch pickup has plenty of growl. These basses have a great reputation here on TB, and if you play one, you'll see why. The only flaw I could find is a bit of finish swirling on the back near the upper horn. No nicks or dings on the neck. Weight is 9.32 lbs on my digital luggage scale.

* SOLD* Next is a 2005 Skyline Darryl Jones (DJ4) Jazz in Lake Placid Blue. Made in Korea with Aero pickups. This one is amazingly light for a Skyline at 8.5 lbs! I've used it for lengthy corporate and wedding gigs, and I barely knew it was there. The LPB finish is truly beautiful in person - pics don't do it justice. The only flaws I could find were one tiny finish scratch near the lower strap button and well as some pickguard swirling, but nothing major. Also a couple of extremely light scratches on the neck, but my hand never noticed them while playing. In great shape overall.

I didn't receive a case with either of these when I bought them, but I have an old Kramer hardshell case or a Kaces gig bag that I can include with these sales. Whomever buys first gets to choose which case they want.

Asking $850 shipped via PayPal for each. No trades, please. CONUS shipping only. I can provide detailed pics upon request, so please PM if interested. I'm also willing to work out a local deal if you're in the metro Atlanta area.

Attached Files:

2. friskinator

Some headstock pics

Attached Files:

3. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Congrats on the US Lakie....

Sorry these great basses have to go

4. friskinator

Bump - all PMs answered. Lots of interest in the DJ4 so far.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SteveC

SteveC

I'd love both of those basses. Love the block necks on 4 strings. Cover your P and J needs that's for sure.

7. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Bump for a good guy.

8. friskinator

Extra pics bump. Both of these are super clean...

Attached Files:

9. Wyrm74

Wyrm74

If I wasn't broke as a joke that DJ4 would be at my house right now. I have a Duck in that very color and its the ONLY P bass I've ever loved. GLWTS bro, super nice basses!

10. friskinator

Bump. I'm open to any reasonable offers, so don't be afraid.

11. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

I have the Duck Dunn right now and had the DJ4.... Honestly the best Precision model bass out there and the neck is to die for !!!! Go ahead on either of them, they are superb, play fast and have tone forever !!!!
    Unless I buy a USA Duck Dunn Lakland bass, the one I have will stay with me !!!
    Go ahead and do yourself a favor, buy !!! Really well priced too !!!

12. SteveC

SteveC

It's really tempting to sell my Roscoe and get both of these. Go old school (with a new school twist) passive 4 P and J.

13. ServinJbass

ServinJbass Supporting Member

Is the DJ4 neck the same neck as the Duck Dunn?

14. friskinator

Yes, the necks are the same.

15. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Both are the reasons why everyone loves Lakland basses!! Their necks !!!

16. friskinator

DJ4 is sold with the hard case. Dunn is still available with the gig bag.

17. friskinator

Super Bowl Sunday bump. Let's get this Dunn sold - it's a great bass!

18. SteveC

SteveC

If my Roscoe sells I may be in touch. I'm thinking I'm gonna go the complete opposite if what I've been doing for a long time (active 5 with Barts) and try a plain old passive 4 string P bass for a while.

19. friskinator

Bump for additional headstock pic. I noticed this tiny ding today and thought it was worth mentioning. Other than that, the headstock/neck is super clean.

Attached Files:

20. xEriatarka

xEriatarka Supporting Member

Thanks again for the DJ! Great guy!

21. friskinator

Weekend bump for a sweet Dunn. Would really love to move this one soon...let's make it happen! Also re-weighed it and it's actually a bit lighter than I thought. Original post has been edited.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.