The ibanez club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 2010Flap, Jan 12, 2014.

1. 2010Flap

2010Flap

Hi everyone

I recently was looking at a ibanez five string and wondered if I should get it.
    Plz give me some tips thx
  2. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

Did you like the way it sounded? Then get it.

Ibanez is one of the leading names in bass guitars for a reason. They make a good quality product at a reasonable price point. Their quality control is pretty sound, and you'll find a lot of them in the hands both of garage musicians and pros.

But what it all comes down to is, do you like the sound of the guitar you're thinking about buying? If yes, buy. If no, don't.
  3. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

Ibanez makes some nice stuff. That said, their low-end EQs need serious help and I wish they had a 35" 5-string SR.
  4. gen8hawaii

gen8hawaii

I'm transitioning from short scale to long scale and another member suggested a 5'er 34" scale as playing in f major would be easier since I have smaller hands and especially Ibanez due to the closer string spacing. Anyway looking to stay within my $400 budget. I found the SR 375 appealing but noticed the Brown Burst is $299 vs $449 for the Berry Burst online. Why the big difference in price are there different components or is one NOS.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ralph Notoro

Ralph Notoro Banned

I have the budget 305 model and have used it on professional recordings with excellent results.
  7. Ralph Notoro

Ralph Notoro Banned

I do agree with this. Ibby's tend to be a bit thin, which is partly what makes them so clean. But low end is easy enough to add. Pump the 80 hz range and you're good to go.