1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

The Jazz Bass Book CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 413X_B455, Dec 5, 2013.

1. 413X_B455

413X_B455

Hello bass people,

I'm trying to track down the CD for The Jazz Bass Book - John Goldsby. I purchased the book on Amazon and the cd was missing. It turned out that the retailer did not have the CD that is supposed to come with the book. Then I ordered the book from another retailer and it arrived with the CD cracked. So then I contacted the publisher to see if they would send me another but they haven't responded. I tried searching for it on torrent sites and found one, but most of the tracks were missing. I really don't know what else to do at this point, so I came here hoping someone would be kind enough to send me the tracks via email or google drive. I'll even pay $5 through paypal for anyone who is willing to go through the trouble to send me a copy of the tracks one way or another.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    You know John posts here, right? His user name is chop1992 (I can't really remember the numbers), whyncha ask him?

3. 413X_B455

413X_B455

Wow, really? Alright I will send him a message, thanks!

4. 413X_B455

413X_B455

I haven't had much success going this route. I contacted the publisher, Hal Leonard, and they said to just send them the book and they will replace the cd and send it back. I sent them the book, then when they received the book they refused to replace the cd because the book was purchased used. So my offer still stands.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
    Did they at least send your book back?

7. 413X_B455

413X_B455

Yes, they said they would send it back. So I'm kind of frustrated now because I spent $7 to ship it to them after they told me they would replace the cd. They made no mention that the book would had to have been purchased new. They only brought that to my attention once they received the book.

8. flyman

flyman Whoa!! Supporting Member

I have the CD. If they don't come through for you, PM me and I'll see about making you a copy. If that's all right with Mr. Goldsby, of course.