The Jump to a 6?..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eliakim, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Eliakim

Nov 23, 2012
    Hey all kinda new to the forums and not really a forum guy unless its needed. I've been wondering as of late to make the leap to a 6 string and my biggest question is which brand has the loudest bang for my buck?

I've looked here and there and so far what i've gotten is Schecter , Ibanez, and possibly Spector for a decent mid ranged price.

I've recently got into Scale the summit as well and they make the spector legend 6 pretty appetizing buuuut i really despise the thought of paying so much for a body of Basswood..

Just wanted some peoples oppinons on what and/or where i should go.
  2. What's your price range?
  3. Eliakim

Nov 23, 2012
    about 6-700$ would be the ceiling right now.
  4. ah. I can't help much but I'd be partial to the Ibanez.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. jojoslap

Jan 28, 2014
    I've played the Ibanez 6 strings in your price range, they are nice but I chose a higher end Ibanez 1206 premium, it was about $1200 , to me it was worth the extra money versus the cheaper ones. 6 string basses are hard to come by, they are just not that common so there usually is not much of a selection at your local music stores. I would recommend playing one before you buy, if you order online see if there is any type of return policy in case you don't like it. I have heard a lot of good things about the Bass Mods K6 that would be in your price range, but they are only available online.
  7. PseudoSpaceman

Jul 5, 2009
    If you were to jump to a 6 string, I'd definitely recommend an Ibanez. I never liked them at all until recently when I played a SR605, amazing! They have a slimmer neck so the jump won't seem as big as some other basses.

However, a used Spector Legend is within your price range and also is quite good. There's a guy in Florida selling one in the classifieds right now for $350 actually.

I had a lesson with Mark from Scale the Summit last summer so I'm glad you mentioned them! Awesome guys, even better music.
  8. Eliakim

Nov 23, 2012
    Thats awesome. Whats the guys name thats selling it i couldn't quite find it but in the search i actually found Marks thread for selling his haha. That'd be kinda cool to get ahold of the bass that made me want a 6 in the first place
  9. PseudoSpaceman

Jul 5, 2009
    Found the thread, looks like he sold it earlier today :/

In the lesson, Mark mentioned how he was going to sell it and get a Warwick but I was too stupid to say anything. I definitely would've bought it haha
  10. MontzterMash

Dec 6, 2010
    Schecter's great too, and I think they have some new ones coming out.