The Kustom Club

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JazzyJames, Aug 18, 2008.

1. JazzyJames

JazzyJames

The only amp I have is a Kustom KBA16 and I noticed there wasnt any clubs for Kustom yet, so here it is.
    Post pictures of your Kustom amps and PM for your number.

[​IMG]

2. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

[​IMG]

Kustom Groove 1200. I bought it from a fellow TB member. It's my first head and sure has a lot of power.

It sounds great with the Avatar B212 but that Behringer has got to go. It's too heavy and I listened to it last night from the audience's perspective and it was not enjoyable. I ended up playing the show without the Behringer.

3. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Even though I have moved on to a head/cab rig, I keep going back to this Kustom KBA 65 combo. Almost loud enough against a loud drummer; perfect for jams and traveling (relatively) light in general. I even just used it *with* my gigging rig this weekend, as a combination monitor/seat.

Pic attached. (Kitty not included.) Number please!

--Bomb :bassist:

Attached Files:

4. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

I don't have a pic but I have a Kustom KBA16X combo.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lord_ravensx

lord_ravensx

This is my Kustom Groove Bass 1200hd. This Monster will rattle your windows and wake the dead. I am very pleased with this rig.

Attached Files:

7. invader3k

invader3k Supporting Member

Here's my Kustom Groove (GREAT amp...have finally started to gig with it more and love it) and my two custom built Dr Bass cabs:
    [​IMG]

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Not a Kustom bass amp owner but our band just bought a Kustom PA.

9. invader3k

invader3k Supporting Member

In the last band I was with, our guitarist had a couple Kustom PA speakers that sounded quite nice, and they were quite affordable. At any rate, they were a huge upgrade over the old 1970's Peavey towers he had that had a couple blown speakers in them. Drove the Kustoms with a basic Peavey mixer amp, and they were very clear.

If things end up going south with my current band, I am thinking of doing my own project (maybe...) and if I do, I might get a Kustom PA setup for my garage. Musician's Friend has some good deals on their stuff right now.

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Found mine off Craigslist. Damn near brand new for $375. Included 2 AKG mics, 2 speaker stands, 2 mic cables, 2 speaker cables, 2 cabs w/15" & Horn and 8 channel 400w powered mixer with 2 effects channels! I believe MF sells it for $699! The guy only had it set up in his living room. Never left his house!

Kustom KPM8420 PA Package

11. JazzyJames

JazzyJames

I got mine at Long and McQuade when I bought my Ibanez. Used for like $70. :p

12. Dams

Dams

Hi everybody,

This is my old Kustom IISC bass combo :
    [​IMG]

I think it is from 1979 or 1980.
    But I don't have any other information about it !
    Is it 80 watts or 100 watts ?
    How many ohms is the speaker ?
    If anybody knows where I can find a user's manual, I promise I'll drink some pints of good ale for him ;)

May I have a Club member number, please ?

13. By-Tor1000RR

By-Tor1000RR

Here is my Kustom 1200 head. I love it!

[​IMG]

14. TerenceSharp

TerenceSharp

Before I got my GK rig I ran with a D.I Into a Kustom PA (KPA7250). Don't now obviously so not part of the club but it was an interesting, tone-shapeless exprience.

15. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Yep....another happy GB1200 owner here!! Learned about it right here on TB and it was a seriously talked about head (along with Avatar cabs at the time).

Got mine about 3-4 years ago and the sucker is still turning heads and shakin' booty's.

Pics of it sitting in my rack are forthcoming, but I wanted to hurry up and get a sub - 10 member number :D

16. jsthomas75

jsthomas75

Here is the rig I am using right now! I have a Kustom KBA 65 which has one 12" and an Ampeg BA115 Combo. I am running the Kustom into the Ampeg and using the custom for the nice clear and punchy highs and using the Ampeg for the warm sounding lows. Makes for a really good set up. :bassist:

[​IMG]

17. nik1093

nik1093

Kustom 150. This is such a coincidence because I just posted a question about this. I just got this yesterday.
    3ne3m93oaZZZZZZZZZ941811bfb7c92c8133a.jpg

3m93p03ldZZZZZZZZZ94194f3b1a1efa418c9.jpg

18. jsthomas75

jsthomas75

Nik,

Nice lookin rig, that is a great color on that stack!

19. lindseyp

lindseyp

I'm another Kustom KBA65 owner, also have a Kustom Dual 30RC for my guitars. Number please.

20. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    last Christmas my GF said that her son was interested in playing bass, so i got him a MIM P bass and a Kustom KBA100 (15" speaker) for Christmas. i am really impressed (and surprised) at how good it sounds. it easily has enough power to play with a fairly loud rock band as it seems alot louder than a 100watt amp.

now me, being an old school guy, i really dig my old '69 K200, although i think that the KBA100 feels more powerful.
    my first experience with Kustom was at the hollywood paladium at the '69 "teenage fair" , using a cascade K200 with two 2-15 JBL cabs, and i've loved them ever since.

my charcoal silver K200:

[​IMG]

21. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are.

Hey, John K,

My first real bass amp was a black version of the one you have. Unfortunately, don't have it anymore. I'll post some pics from back in the day.

We also had a silver Kustom 4 channel P.A. w2x15 and a parabolic horn in each.