1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The Kustom Club

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JazzyJames, Aug 18, 2008.

1. JazzyJames

JazzyJames

The only amp I have is a Kustom KBA16 and I noticed there wasnt any clubs for Kustom yet, so here it is.
    Post pictures of your Kustom amps and PM for your number.

[​IMG]
  2. theory028

theory028 Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Kustom Groove 1200. I bought it from a fellow TB member. It's my first head and sure has a lot of power.

It sounds great with the Avatar B212 but that Behringer has got to go. It's too heavy and I listened to it last night from the audience's perspective and it was not enjoyable. I ended up playing the show without the Behringer.
  3. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Even though I have moved on to a head/cab rig, I keep going back to this Kustom KBA 65 combo. Almost loud enough against a loud drummer; perfect for jams and traveling (relatively) light in general. I even just used it *with* my gigging rig this weekend, as a combination monitor/seat.

Pic attached. (Kitty not included.) Number please!

--Bomb :bassist:

Attached Files:

4. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

I don't have a pic but I have a Kustom KBA16X combo.
  5. lord_ravensx

lord_ravensx

This is my Kustom Groove Bass 1200hd. This Monster will rattle your windows and wake the dead. I am very pleased with this rig.

Attached Files:

6. invader3k

invader3k Supporting Member

Here's my Kustom Groove (GREAT amp...have finally started to gig with it more and love it) and my two custom built Dr Bass cabs:
    [​IMG]
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Not a Kustom bass amp owner but our band just bought a Kustom PA.
  8. invader3k

invader3k Supporting Member

In the last band I was with, our guitarist had a couple Kustom PA speakers that sounded quite nice, and they were quite affordable. At any rate, they were a huge upgrade over the old 1970's Peavey towers he had that had a couple blown speakers in them. Drove the Kustoms with a basic Peavey mixer amp, and they were very clear.

If things end up going south with my current band, I am thinking of doing my own project (maybe...) and if I do, I might get a Kustom PA setup for my garage. Musician's Friend has some good deals on their stuff right now.
  9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Found mine off Craigslist. Damn near brand new for $375. Included 2 AKG mics, 2 speaker stands, 2 mic cables, 2 speaker cables, 2 cabs w/15" & Horn and 8 channel 400w powered mixer with 2 effects channels! I believe MF sells it for $699! The guy only had it set up in his living room. Never left his house!

Kustom KPM8420 PA Package
  10. JazzyJames

JazzyJames

I got mine at Long and McQuade when I bought my Ibanez. Used for like $70. :p
  11. Dams

Dams

Hi everybody,

This is my old Kustom IISC bass combo :
    [​IMG]

I think it is from 1979 or 1980.
    But I don't have any other information about it !
    Is it 80 watts or 100 watts ?
    How many ohms is the speaker ?
    If anybody knows where I can find a user's manual, I promise I'll drink some pints of good ale for him ;)

May I have a Club member number, please ?
  12. By-Tor1000RR

By-Tor1000RR

Here is my Kustom 1200 head. I love it!

[​IMG]
  13. TerenceSharp

TerenceSharp

Before I got my GK rig I ran with a D.I Into a Kustom PA (KPA7250). Don't now obviously so not part of the club but it was an interesting, tone-shapeless exprience.
  14. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Yep....another happy GB1200 owner here!! Learned about it right here on TB and it was a seriously talked about head (along with Avatar cabs at the time).

Got mine about 3-4 years ago and the sucker is still turning heads and shakin' booty's.

Pics of it sitting in my rack are forthcoming, but I wanted to hurry up and get a sub - 10 member number :D
  15. jsthomas75

jsthomas75

Here is the rig I am using right now! I have a Kustom KBA 65 which has one 12" and an Ampeg BA115 Combo. I am running the Kustom into the Ampeg and using the custom for the nice clear and punchy highs and using the Ampeg for the warm sounding lows. Makes for a really good set up. :bassist:

[​IMG]
  16. nik1093

nik1093

Kustom 150. This is such a coincidence because I just posted a question about this. I just got this yesterday.
    3ne3m93oaZZZZZZZZZ941811bfb7c92c8133a.jpg

3m93p03ldZZZZZZZZZ94194f3b1a1efa418c9.jpg
  17. jsthomas75

jsthomas75

Nik,

Nice lookin rig, that is a great color on that stack!
  18. lindseyp

lindseyp

I'm another Kustom KBA65 owner, also have a Kustom Dual 30RC for my guitars. Number please.
  19. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    last Christmas my GF said that her son was interested in playing bass, so i got him a MIM P bass and a Kustom KBA100 (15" speaker) for Christmas. i am really impressed (and surprised) at how good it sounds. it easily has enough power to play with a fairly loud rock band as it seems alot louder than a 100watt amp.

now me, being an old school guy, i really dig my old '69 K200, although i think that the KBA100 feels more powerful.
    my first experience with Kustom was at the hollywood paladium at the '69 "teenage fair" , using a cascade K200 with two 2-15 JBL cabs, and i've loved them ever since.

my charcoal silver K200:

[​IMG]
  20. Stumbo

Stumbo Supporting Member

Hey, John K,

My first real bass amp was a black version of the one you have. Unfortunately, don't have it anymore. I'll post some pics from back in the day.

We also had a silver Kustom 4 channel P.A. w2x15 and a parabolic horn in each.