1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

*******THE LONE WOLF CLUB**********

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SirMjac28, Dec 12, 2012.

1. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

The Lone Wolf Club- For everyone who plays for personal satisfaction and walks to their own beat.

[​IMG]

When I first joined Talk Bass I often felt out of place because I wasn't in a band or group and I didn't play professionally. I felt I couldn't really make any comments because I wasn't in a band or played professionally but then I realized I could make comments and suggestions because most things boil down to common sense and I also have invaluable life experience and plenty of experience with different gear. I think bands are cool and I think professional musicians are very cool but I get a huge rush and satisfaction out of finally learning a certain song.This club was inspired and started because of a post by Danharris.

The Lone Wolf Club

Stay as long as you can and come back as often as you like.

1# Danharris
    2# Atomicdog
    3# Casting Thunder
    4# Righteous Thunderer
    5# Mjac28
    6# Ffutterman
    7# Mike M
    8# Kwesi
    9# Epitaph04
    10# Wcnewby
    11# AaronMB
    13# Steelbed45
    14# Bisounourse
    15# El Beardo
    16# Bamofo88
    17# Jaxstarke
    18# Icecycle66
    19# GBassNorth
    20# Ric5
    21# Corndog
    22# Thick McRunfast
    23# Skychief
    24# Cheapbasslovin
    25# Guitardefector
    26# Hgiles
    27# StevieMac
    28# Deeptubes
    29# Darren Low
    30# Clef_de_fa
    31# Plays_For_Dog
    32# Strat Hater
    33# Bmb73
    34# Lost in bass
    35# MusicEd

gregmon79 likes this.
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

If I missed anyone I can fix that right away

3. guitardefector

guitardefector

4. SirMjac28

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mike M.

Mike M.

I see you added my name and that's fine! I'm pretty much a loner anyway so I'll fit right into this club. A mentioned in another thread, if I didn't play at church I know I wouldn't be playing out at all because I really don't want to anymore.

It was great fun at the time, but been there, done that.

7. SirMjac28

I hear ya Mike I read that and thought you might want to join you play at church which I think is awesome.

8. hgiles

hgiles

I will join, but hopefully will be defecting soon.

9. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

Finally! A group in which I get to be alone in!

10. SirMjac28

LOL very nice

11. SirMjac28

Added and welcome stay as long as you can and come back as often as you like

12. corndog

corndog Supporting Member

Cool, thanks for adding me!

13. SirMjac28

Yes sir this club is growing fast.

14. SirMjac28

If anyone wants to change anything in the initial post let me know.

15. deeptubes

deeptubes

I wish I had time to jam with some peeps. I work days. Wife works nights. At night, I have our daughter, who will be 2 on 12/28. I've had some opportunities. Wish I had the time.

16. StevieMac

StevieMac

17. Mike M.

Mike M.

Just wanted to add....even if I didn't play at church anymore I still love learning new things about playing. The best time I ever had musically was in 2009 and early 2010. I was laid off for 14 months and did a LOT of writing and recording at home. Man, I was in heaven. I've said it here before and I'll say it again; not saying my songs were great or even any good. But I can say that I was getting better at writing, coming up with ideas faster, playing guitar and even singing.

Really, if I had my way and had free time on my hands I could do that for the rest of my life and never get bored with it. I felt totally liberated doing my own thing and would love to have the chance to do it again one day. The satisfaction I got from it was far great than that of any band I've ever been in.

So while being in a band is out, learning about music is not.

18. SirMjac28

Yes you are sir

19. SirMjac28

I agree someone was asking me how some of these famous musicians keep writing these great songs it's a combination of talent and not having to work a nine to five and having the time an resources to just write.

20. SirMjac28

I added you deeptubes

21. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Cool! I've been thinking of joining a club here and this one really fits. Oh wait, I'm already on the list.