The most overlooked Bootsy line

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tupac, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Tupac

Tupac

2. FilterFunk

FilterFunk

Excellent example of what sets Bootsy apart from the rest. I know it can be hard to confirm who played what on P-Funk recordings, but if this ain't Bootsy, it's somebody copping his style. It's also another excellent example of the awesome tone Bootsy gets without effects. He uses them for variety, not out of need.
  3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Albums:
    he's great on the fred wesley and the horny horns stuff and the brides of funkenstein. i've figured out which of the p-funk bassist he is (sound wise on the songs) and am able to hear it. he's got a couple stock licks he uses all the time that are very recognizable.
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I love everything Bootsy
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 10cc

10cc

I never really thought that Billy Bass or Cordell played anything remotely close to sounding like Bootsie. I am a fan of Bootsie but I'd rather hear one of the others when it comes to the "P". As far as Mr.Browns band give me Bootsie and Catfish (RIP):crying:
  7. Tupac

Tupac

Oh definitely. I never saw anything that told me it was Bootsy, but it sounds so much like him it's got to be. He loves his slides.
  8. pfox14

pfox14

Stretchin' Out (In A Rubber Band) - awesome Bootsy stuff
  9. Tupac

Tupac

I've just been informed that, according to the liner notes, it was Lige that played on this song, not Bootsy...