The Music Lesson Wooten

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by causeBASS, Dec 18, 2013.

1. causeBASS

causeBASS

Started reading "The Music Lesson" by Victor Wooten , it has impacted my bass playing almost immediately..any others have experience with this book?
  2. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    There are already about a dozen threads on this subject. You may want to look at them to see what has already been discussed.
  3. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

I found it to be too philosophical, therefore found little value within.

4. causeBASS

causeBASS

I thought so, did a search and didn't come up with a thread, I will look again
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Marial

Marial Pooped Supporting Member

It's a feel-good book, and as such there is nothing wrong with it, but I wasn't able to buy-in.
  7. Bob DeRosa

Bob DeRosa

Excellent insights about music & life, wrapped in one of the DUMBEST stories I have ever been subjected to.
  8. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    Just go to the Bass Guitar Forums, advanced search, titles only and search on The Music Lesson.
  9. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

You can call it the source material for his Groove Workshop instructional DVD. But the entire ideal of Michael to depersonalize it from Victor and marketing it as a novel was thinking outside of the box. And getting outside of the box as a player is what put Wooten up there with Jaco, Jamerson....