1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

The Music Lesson Wooten

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by causeBASS, Dec 18, 2013.

1. causeBASS

causeBASS

Jun 14, 2011
    Started reading "The Music Lesson" by Victor Wooten , it has impacted my bass playing almost immediately..any others have experience with this book?

2. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    There are already about a dozen threads on this subject. You may want to look at them to see what has already been discussed.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

I found it to be too philosophical, therefore found little value within.

5. causeBASS

causeBASS

Jun 14, 2011
    I thought so, did a search and didn't come up with a thread, I will look again

6. Marial

Marial They make pills for that, right? Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Emerald City
    It's a feel-good book, and as such there is nothing wrong with it, but I wasn't able to buy-in.

7. Bob DeRosa

Bob DeRosa

May 7, 2013
    Excellent insights about music & life, wrapped in one of the DUMBEST stories I have ever been subjected to.

8. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    Just go to the Bass Guitar Forums, advanced search, titles only and search on The Music Lesson.

9. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Arcadia, CA
    You can call it the source material for his Groove Workshop instructional DVD. But the entire ideal of Michael to depersonalize it from Victor and marketing it as a novel was thinking outside of the box. And getting outside of the box as a player is what put Wooten up there with Jaco, Jamerson....