The NANO Club! the pedaltrain babies or equivalent!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cabbage, Nov 29, 2010.

1. cabbage

cabbage

I know there're not many out there that fancy the nano, some even laugh and diss it, but come'on I'm guessing that I am not the only one that's digging this. There are some discussion threads about this but no actual one for nano boards so let's post our nano boards or boards of equivalent and spread the love!

Here's mine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bag rocks by the way.

:hyper:

2. phatbass30

phatbass30

Disclosures:
    Groove is in the heart!!!
  3. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

I love my Pedaltrain Nano! It is the perfect size for someone like me that doesn't really use a lot of effects but still has a need for a sturdy, portable board. The best part of my Nano is that I can take it anywhere with or without my amp and know I'll sound great. The pedals on the Nano are my tone.

The PT Mini & PT Junior threads have lots of posts but not many here so I thought I'd see if I could revive this one. Show us your Nanos!
    Here's mine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I added some rubber feet from a couple of old guitar stands so I could mount a Fuel Tank Jr. underneath.

[​IMG]

4. AmpedSilence

AmpedSilence

I've always liked your nano ;)

I should do one for clean tones...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fclefgeoff

Thanks! Yeah, I could see making a nice "Clean" Nano. What would you put on there? A solid preamp, tuner and maybe a compressor?

7. dalkowski

dalkowski

i had no idea this thing existed. Need. Want.

totallyfrozen likes this.
  8. G.Bisson

G.Bisson Supporting Member

Like your board Geoff. Why do you have the Pork Loin in a blender when it already has a built-in clean blend?

I will post my Nano sometime soon. They are deserving of their own thread. Like a "4 pedals or less" club. Would like to see someones nano fitted with 5 or more pedals.

9. AmpedSilence

AmpedSilence

exactly! In fact, your current nano setup is probably the way I'd go :)

I've heard great things about the Tone Hammer, seems like a great preamp. I currently use a Rusty Box (love the grindy tones). I also have a Pork Loin but will be swapping it out with a Rat Tail. Great OD pedal but I feel I can cover that area with the RB. I'd like to try out a 3leaf pwnzor for compression, I have a DOD milk box right now and really dig it! And I'd definitely get a Polytune mini for the tuner! I had one on preorder but had to cancel cause I ran out of room on my PT mini :crying:
    I'm using a Planet waves mini headstock tuner for now. Its pretty nifty!

10. AmpedSilence

AmpedSilence

Oh, and I'd definitely would love to do a fuel tank Jr mod like yours!

11. caeman

caeman The Root Master

I have a PT Nano. It has come in handy for those small gigs at church or elsewhere I don't want the main board and just want a convenient way to safeguard and carry the tuner, preamp, etc. The Nano keeps the few pedals off the floor and velcro'd into place for secure stomping.

12. fclefgeoff

Thanks! Well, IMO the "British Preamp" clean that you're able to blend in on the Pork Loin cut the low-end of my bass. It didn't feel like I was blending the OD with my clean bass tone but more like I was blending the OD with the "British Preamp" clean tone, if that makes sense?

I feel like I now have a lot more control over the OD using the Barge blender. My unaffected lows & highs are more present and natural sounding to my ear.

Here is what Jacoby75 wrote regarding the clean blend on the Pork Loin and I agree with him...

"I thought the "clean" blend would mix in your dry signal to maintain low end and definition. But not really. It's not a dry signal, it's a clean boost, based on a british guitar amp, so it greatly colors the tone and you lose some attack and clarity."

13. spiker

spiker

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Puretone Bass strings
    Here's mine! From left: Vt Bass, EBS Multicomp, EBS Octabass, Boss tu2

Got everything i need right there! Can't understand how you can groove if you've got more than that!

Attached Files:

14. spiker

spiker

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Puretone Bass strings
    BTW, that's a full pic of my rig with dancing shoes included on the side :)

15. fclefgeoff

Nice!

16. fclefgeoff

My favorite thing about the Nano is that it fits perfectly on top of my amp.

17. G.Bisson

G.Bisson Supporting Member

Here's mine,
    The biggest selling point of the Nano boards is the soft case that straps to a gigbag. I love that feature. Have my bass and pedalboard strapped to my back so both hands are free to carry a speaker cab.
    I built this board as a bare-basics version of my primary board. Wasn't having much opportunity to use many 'fun' effects in a metal band where only more gain and dirt is really all I needed. The Sansamp is always on covering clean and light overdrive duties. The Blasko BOD covers heavy OD and distortion duties. Add in the compressor and tuner, and this board has many of the features of a typical amp head.

[​IMG]

18. fclefgeoff

19. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington

Here's mine. The compressor is an HA mod and my fretless sounds great through the growler. I pondered adding a 4th in there, but truthfully, I want for nothing.

For now. ;)

[​IMG]

20. davidAaronCarte

davidAaronCarte

Love my Nano, big fan of one-tripping it from the car to the gig
    I've got to see if I can track down a picture but I used to fit 6 pedals on there
    Tuner -> MXR Bass Comp -> MXR Bass Octave -> T1M Blender ( HAO Sole Pressure ) -> EBS Tri Logic Pre
    It's slimmed down a bit now, but the 6 was fun when it lasted!

21. Sepulmember

Sepulmember

Finally there is a Nano thread! I'm totally GASing for it and I will probably get one in summer. My current plan is to include the VT Bass, the Blue Beard Fuzz and the Pitchblack tuner.

Can't wait for it!