The New ATK 805E

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smogg, Sep 13, 2012.

1. smogg

smogg

Followed the banner ad for the new Ibanez ATK basses and must say I'm impressed. Could not find a price though. Wow, talk about a nice sounding bass. Check out sound samples here. It even shows the settings.

http://www.ibanez.com/atkSoundSamples/index.html

I really like the way they dialed it up for metal, really nice tone. Anybody know if these are available yet and what the street price is/will be?
  2. aproud1

aproud1 Lost time is not found again. Gold Supporting Member

800 = $750
    805 = $800
  3. smogg

smogg

Thanks
  4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

That is nice! Does it come in any other finish than walnut?
  5. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

Sounds awesome!
  6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

Wow! I'm glad Ibanez is making ATK fives again, $800 is a big jump over what the older ones cost, but it's still way the heck cheaper than a Music Man!
  7. aproud1

It is a jump but it looks like they won't be boat anchors and already have ultralight tuners on them. Hear the new electronics are pretty good too.

I can't afford one at the moment but these look to be much improved in the right ways over the original. :bag:
  8. Lazarus.Bird

Depends on which ATKs you compare them to. The 1000 line was $1k+ I think. The 700s were in the $700 ball park I think?

These 800 series are made in the Premiun Indonesia factory, which means that the quality is going to be top notch. Compared to any other similar bass in that price range I bet these will be fantastic.
  9. aproud1

10. pudgychef

pudgychef

so want!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I keep seeing these ads too, I have zero desire to buy one but I do really want to try one out.
  12. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Lightweight tuners are a big plus--the ATKs I have had have all been neck heavy.

If I could get past the headstock (not my cup of tea), I would love to have one.
  13. rickenbaker

rickenbaker

Does anybody have any experience with ATK necks? I'm seriously considering getting this one but I've heard that the necks are pretty big and I've got kinda small hands. If it's something like a p-bass or stingray then everything is cool but if it's any larger we might have a problem
  14. Lazarus.Bird

My ATK700 neck was similar to a P/Stingray yeah. I have relatively small hands (at least for being 6'5") and I didn't have any issues playing it.
  15. paganjack

paganjack

Wow! That's a cool looking and good sounding bass. Not a bad price either.

I had an ATK305 for years, it was pretty killer. I could never get it to sound fat enough though...these ones sound a bit thin to me too. I guess my tastes moved away from the super-modern stylings.
  16. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    I really like the looks of that bass. They have always sounded good. Something to be said about the combo of ash and maple.
  17. nicopiano

nicopiano Supporting Member

Anobody tried it?
  18. nicopiano

nicopiano Supporting Member

Maybe in a few weeks! ;)
  19. aRandomAggie

aRandomAggie Supporting Member

Once my Dan Armstrong in the classifieds sells, I'm planning on ordering one. I'll post a review if no one beats me to the punch.
  20. devilman666

devilman666

Had my 805e for about a week now and hands down have found the tone and feel that I have been looking a long time for. To be hOnest I love everything about it except the tuners I'm gonna swith to the none clover style stems too big. The only other issue I had was the set up was beyond horrible. When I got it from sweetwater I found that four of the six screws for the massive bridge weren't screwed in all the way and I could see day light under the front of the bridge. Seems after chroming the bridge it created an edge for the screw to get hung up. Also all the washers for all five tuners keys but esp the low b were loose enough for me to unscrew with my fingers and the rattled every time I hid low B. Intonation was also way off. Not very premium. All small things that during my complete set-up and restring I fixed but with such a great fret job and the rest of the qaulity I was disapointed that not only did Ibanez miss this but sweetwater and it's 50 point checked missed it big time. That being said I love this bass and would def rec to anyone looking for a more tradition body style with a ton of tone options. The neck for me is the perfect blend of string spaceing for my right hand and great neck feel .