1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The new Warwick RB Streamer...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eno50, Sep 17, 2012.

1. eno50

eno50 Supporting Member

Hello everyone i just wanted to say how impressed I was to try my sons new Warwick standard streamer 5 rockbass.
    My son was wanting a five string warwick Streamer for a while now and had been saving his money as he worked this summer( he is 14) So I helped him out with the rest of it.
    When the bass came in I was to set her up for him.
    now I'am a Warwick fan and I have heard that Warwick did alot of upgrades on the rockbass line so I was not expecting much and boy was I wrong, The bass was fantastic out of the box ,i'am not kidding I went over her with a fine tooth comb and could not find one flaw, workmanship was far above average. They went with a two piece bridge and tail piece and the same carolena body,two mec humbuckers ,volume,volume,tone control setup,maple neck,rosewood fingerboard, nickel frets,Warwick tuners.
    As far as I can tell the tuners,the pickups,the bridge and tail piece and body is the same as the German made model and as far as I can tell your not getting the weng fingerboard ,brass frets or neck like the german model or the control pots are not mec but never the less It is a great playing bass and I would like to have it. nice neck profile good fretwork no sharp edges ,level frets,lowerd the action for him abit with no buzz.
    What I'a trying to say here folks don't be afraid to try one of these basses they are up to par with the german made ones just no weng or brass frets.. yes they are made in china and they must have a good QC department because I have an eye for flaws in workmanship and seen none,I was very impressed,Warwick and china has done a great job here folks

FYI Eno
  2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Dear eno50,

Thanks for the review and kind words. You are correct, the hardware and pickups are the same as used on German basses, and the QC is quite strict. We spent a lot of time and energy to be sure that the upgrades done were notable...and hearing this makes it all worth it! Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. Thanks again, and enjoy!
  3. oddeotek

oddeotek

I have one of the new Rockbass Streamer Standard basses in a burbundy red oil finish and am very pleased with it. I feel that the workmanship is excellent and the neck is a dream to play. The one I bought is very lightweight at 6.6 lbs, although the only other one I've ever tried was much heavier. I would put the quality of this bass above any of the MIM Fenders that I have tried lately (even a few of the American-made ones) so I can't understand the bad rap these guitars seem to get. I have a Spector Euro and an old Steinberger but I find myself using the Rockbass on gigs because of the playability, weight and cutting tone. I have no problem playing a $400 bass in public when it feels and sounds this good. After playing bass for more than 45 years, I'm more concerned about comfort and sounding good than impressing a few bass players in the audience with an expensive boutique bass. Besides, most of the women I know think its "pretty".
  4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    oddeotek - Thanks for the feedback on your Rockbass! The updated models are great basses, and its good to hear that our changes have made a good impression. Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks again!
  5. dfinnegan71

dfinnegan71

I want to chime in on the new 2012 Warwick Rockbass Streamer. I just bought one and it's fantastic! Before you go thinking that's because I haven't played any other good basses, here's a run down. I started playing back when Gene Simmons of Kiss made it look cool (in the eyes of a 10y.o.) I got an American Fender P-bass that my Dad bought for my birthday I learned on it and grew up with it. I've had too many to count but here's where it gets interesting. In 1999 I was giging with my brand new $1200 German Warwick Streamer and it's gets ripped off. I had a Fender p/j deluxe as a back up that turned into my main giging ax for about 3 years. I have had a G&L SB-1, U.S. Masters Bass, Epiphone Allen Woody, Lakland Skyline 44-01, Sterling Musicman Ray 34, G&L L-2000 Tribute, Gibson SG Bass, Warwick Corvette, MIM Fender Jazz deluxe, and a boutique C.P. Thornton 5-string, to name a few since then.
    My point is, the new Rockbass sounds as good, feels as good, and looks as badass as any of the previous bass's I have owned and giged with. The price on these are just plain ridiculous for what you get! I mean it's an incredible value. For me, and my small hands, this neck is like butter. For my ears, its got better tone than my...do i dare say it...1980 American P my dad gave me that I still have. And it's so light! Quality craftsmanship. I think it's better than my WarWick Corvette was, and just as nice as the German Streamer i owned back in 99. And great job making the RockBass logo so small. Nothing says "hey look at me and my China made guitar" than a huge ass logo.
    I agree with the earlier sentiment, I don't care about impressing other player's in the club. And yes, the ladies dig how it looks on me!:D GREAT JOB WARWICK!!