the news cordes Lambert: gut twin and gut twin '47

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by tiki613, Feb 13, 2011.

1. tiki613

tiki613

hello,

I just saw on a forum that Lambert came out of the new strings:

the new Lambert strings(gut twin) is not made with the same material used for the Lambert Deluxe.

The "weedwacker" product from Oregon has a certain number of limit : the inner core in kevlar is making the string feeling a kind of spongy when you play at high speed. Even with all the treatment we know, it is not possible to improve the material.

We have invest a lot of the money in our "own nylon" product. We have now a stock of nylon made in France only for us with our own specification, and not something from the motoculture range like weedwacker. We will end soon the Deluxe and new Deluxe production, we will have a 100% French product, only with French supplier for the raw material (the wound stuff for example). This nylon we use is not available anywhere else, we had to brought a very big quantity in order to have our own nylon, believe it it's a real lot of money !!!

So we have a nylon with high response, better tension, more compression (like gut) with better harmonic and longer sustain than usual.
    No more ugly inner core, nicer gut color. The New E is different from the actual Wound E deluxe, more tension, more tone even if you play in slap style (yes you can play a boogie in F starting with low F and you can use F#, G,G# too...).

The Gut Twin E is made with a steel wound over nylon than a nylon wound over steel, both flattened, the Gut Twin A will be able available in plain nylon (for gut lover) or in nylon with nylon wound flattened too (for "ex steel string player"). Both A are same tension, Wound A has more sustain than plain nylon A, same compression but more harmonics.

We are naming those two sets, the "Gut Twin" ( for set with plain A ) and "Gut Twin '47" ( for wound A).
    The '47 is because of the year of the very first nylon string made for musical instrument.

E and A wound string will be available with two finition :
    Mojo for "used" and it will be the standard production.
    Classic for the "clean" and look like new as an option.

We don't want to have the buckle end for this line, as we are nuts, we will use only knots to make the string looking like real gut string.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    et une petite video:
    Gut Twin

2. Hipmobottomus

Hipmobottomus Supporting Member

Where did you find this? I just went to MySpace and I can't find any information regarding the Gut Twin strings. The only info I can find describing any strings is under 'general information' in the Cordes Lambert profile, and that seems out of date, because it talks about the New Deluxe strings as being the latest and greatest. I admit I don't know much about MySpace. I never use it. You'd be doing me a big favor if you could tell me where on MySpace I have to look to find the information on the Gut Twins. I'm particularly interested in how much they cost and how to by them. Thanks.

3. fbny71

fbny71

They have a website now: http://cordes-lambert.com/

It is very much a work in progress though with many of the links not working...but better than myspace for sure.

4. Earl

Earl Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Heirphoto

Heirphoto

The new strings were announced but not yet in production. They sent a few sample sets out for testing and the results seem promising. I think they said maybe March for full production.
    They were finishing up the last of the New Deluxe sets but will stop production of those when the raw material runs out as the new Twin strings use their own proprietary material.
    Tony

7. Angry Neighbour

Angry Neighbour

Bonjour fellow musicians. Does anyone know how the lambert strings are for arco playing? I assume, that they are primarily designed for slapping and plucking, but it is always nice to have arco as an option as well.
    Kind regards from Denmark.

8. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

I have the old Deluxe set and they bow fine, though they need a little more pressure than real gut strings.

9. Angry Neighbour

Angry Neighbour

Ok. Sounds good. Thank you Sheriff.

10. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

11. Jimmn

Jimmn

I've been to the CL site, filled in the contact form but have not heard anything back. Do these strings really exist? How can I purchase a set?

Thank you!

12. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

If you don't feel like reading 51 pages on the other site, here is the short form.

The company is two guys, both musicians. They have a limited amount of time to make them right now. When they get time off, they take a limited amount of pre-orders then manufacturer the strings.

I play a mixed set with the old Lamberts Deluxe, and I really like them. The new strings are supposed be the cat's ass of fake gut strings - even the E. All the reviewers have given them great comments. I wouldn't doubt it seeing what they did with weedwackers. They really do seem to know what they are doing.

However it is nearly impossible to get a set right now, let alone a spare set if you decide they are for you. Communication has also been an issue.

Having said that, I hope they find a way to ramp up production a bit so more people can get thier hands on them.

13. heavytrash13

heavytrash13

I,d buy a set ....I like having steel on one bass and gut on the other..practice on steel; then gig on the guts.

14. heavytrash13

heavytrash13

How the %^&*$#@$!% do you buy these ?

15. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

16. bigshiny

bigshiny

Emailed Cordes Lambert and instantly received a reply. Problem is, it's in French. Anyone have a translation ?

17. JGoldberg

JGoldberg

18. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

It's probably their auto-reply, letting you know they're alive and working on the next batch. I had a set for a minute (sold them for Christmas money) and the amount of labor that goes into each string is amazing.

19. kurt

kurt

Does that mean you weren't as smitten with them as most of the other people that got sets? Considering how hard they are to get I assume you would have held on to them for dear life if you liked them. What was it you weren't satisfied with if you don't mind me asking?

20. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

I wasn't satisfied with my former landlord helping herself to my security deposit, which was my Christmas fund, for no good reason.

The strings were the tiniest bit plasticky. That was my sole criticism, if you can even call it that. I had guts with Spiro bottoms on that Kay before and after the GT-47s and they got it 99.5% right IMO. The A in particular was wonderful.

21. shwashwa

shwashwa

im watching this thread!! i have gamut pistoy's on a bass now and im looking to try a gutlike alternative on another bass before i go whole hog and get another gamut for that bass too. im looking at just the G string. so, i have 2 questions, just regarding the G string, how do these lamberts stack up to other wacker G strings out there? and, are you able to buy these yet? i hear they makers dont answer emails?