The next generation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by footofgod, Feb 9, 2014.

1. footofgod

footofgod

Just looking for a place to brag. Here is my daughter rocking with the band at church with her new Dean bass with pink DR Neon strings. She is completely self taught from watching dad. I am extremely proud!

[​IMG]
  2. pflash4001

pflash4001

That's cool! When my wife showed me the pregnancy test that heralded the pending arrival of our daughter I was looking at an auction for a Fender P-Bass Jr on eBay. I hugged her then clicked Buy It Now. I told her after 2 boys we were having a girl and this was her first bass. She's 2 now and she always gravitates to my basses. I can't wait to see her and her brothers on stage! How old is your daughter?
  3. JimK

JimK

...your Church was a lot more ambience than mine.
    :)
  4. footofgod

footofgod

She is 16, she picked it up about a year ago. She started playing with the youth band within a month. She was already musically inclined from school band, plays flute, sax, trumpet, most horns and what not. She picked up drums somewhere in there as well. I'd always hoped she would gravitate to bass, but I didn't want to force it on her. Not an issue now, it is pretty much all she plays now.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. footofgod

footofgod

It's a small church right now, but growing. We're building a new building this year. We average about 450 people a week. We definitely rock it out though. No choir music here!
  7. pflash4001

pflash4001

Cool! Tell her much love from Texas!