1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The nicest dudes in bass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by TALL&STOUT, Jan 31, 2014.

1. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Music is my religion Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer for Darkglass Electronics
    So I just got back from NAMM and I wanted to share how impressed I was by the humble demeanor and warm and engaging attitudes some of my bass heroes have. I feel very lucky to be apart of the bass community and even more lucky that I am in the Rock/Metal faction. I got to meet, talk and drink with some amazing folks like Joe Lester from Intronaut (this guy slays the left handed fretless Zon), Dick Lovgren from Meshuggah and Michael Manring. I saw legends like Marcus Miller, Larry Graham, Rob Trujilo... but what really blew me away were my interactions with these 3 fine gentlemen.

(1) dUg Pinnick from Kings X. dUg must be one of the hardest working guys I know and even with health issues and challenges of touring, he still loves his fans and is grateful for being able to play music for a living.

(2) Billy Gould from Faith No More. Billy was not only very easy to talk to , but also showed genuine interest in who I was as a business person and musician as well as taking the opportunity to search me out again at other functions we both attended. Mr Gould has been a pioneering bass role model for me for over 2 decades and the level of attention and mutual respect he showed absolutely floored me.

(3) Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse. Alex is officially the nicest guy ever. Happy to chat, talk shop, share views and just hang out. For being such a bad ass on bass and larger than life on stage, Alex is the perfect example of how we should all handle ourselves around others.

Bass players are a special breed and the interactions at the show last week just strengthened that notion.

Who else has had awesome interactions with fellow players?

Attached Files:

2. Tupac

Tupac

I haven't met any bigshots but the majority are nice. Bass players rock.

If you want names, Billy Sheehan strikes me as nice person and great teacher.
  3. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum. Supporting Member

I really want to meet Alex Webster, and this fuels that want even more.
  4. audreycashin

audreycashin Supporting Member

5. almost human

almost human

Dug is always the first guy i think of when someone talks about down to earth, friendly pro bass players.
  6. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I have met and/or done shows with Jack Bruce, Craig Macregor, Bruce Hall, Tom Hamilton and several others. I have found all of them to be very friendly and courteous.
  7. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

dUg is an awesome person!
  8. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

I've emailed back and forth with Marcus Miller and his manager, Bibi... found them both to be very nice.