The Official Charvel/Jackson Club!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vain1, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Vain1

Vain1

This is the place to talk everything relating to Charvel/Jackson Basses (Our Dirty Little Secret). Get the point?:D

2. SOB H.R.MC

SOB H.R.MC

Love the pointy's but I do own a gumby head too.

3. amimbari

amimbari

I had a Charvel/Jackson unit at one time, worst POS I ever owned....sold it thinking I would never buy another one........

I WAS WRONG :)
    [​IMG]

4. SOB H.R.MC

SOB H.R.MC

Amimbari , I really like the looks of that Jackson 5 string. I wish mine had a pointy headstock!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. amimbari

amimbari

if the older Concert series was more popular, you would by now...lol

7. SOB H.R.MC

SOB H.R.MC

Next year's tax returns are ear marked for one ,but in the meantime I just drool over pic's of yours...lol

8. amimbari

amimbari

haha well you never know how many C5's will be available next year. I DO see them pop up on ebay here and there, but you won't get it for 200.00 :smug:

( I overpaid a little past my "budget" for mine )

and here's an oddity you just don't see everyday:

[​IMG]

what a weird combo -- a gumby with a sharkneck :hyper:

9. SOB H.R.MC

SOB H.R.MC

Classic Butter face syndrom, beautyful body/neck but her face(headstock)...:eek:

10. amimbari

amimbari

I'd buy one ( If I could afford to ) just for the "never seen one of those before" factor :)

I'll bet it is a LOT lighter than my C5

Haji likes this.
  11. mattconte

mattconte

OK OK OK I am IN!!!
    Here is my "Pointy" headstock P style bass. My favorite Bass I ever owned and only one I still own today. Bought it new in 86. Just love it. Want to find another one.....or two.....or three. LOL! I just love the looks of these and just love how they play.
    [​IMG]
    I almost did not buy it because it was right when they started the overseas production line. I thought that they would be junk. But I knew the salesman well and trusted him. So I preordered and got my pick of the first batch in. Fell in love with it that day.
    Only thing not original is the split pick up. I cannot remember what it is but I know that it is a S.D. It was a very tight fit.

12. TreetarDed

TreetarDed

I wish I could buy one, I just can't find a decent pointy headstock for a decent price recently. I've got the money though, anyone want to point me in the direction of one?

13. amimbari

amimbari

you are joking right?

there's at least 5 of them monthly on ebay, unless you think your gonna get one for 50 bucks?

14. TreetarDed

TreetarDed

No, I was more looking along the lines of a older concert series shark tooth, just not really sure how much these are worth without "overpaying"

15. amimbari

amimbari

OIC, well a early 90's Concert XL would probably also be a hard thing to find ( cheap ).. a lot of Concert EX with the dot necks out there though.

If I wanted to buy a c-4XL sharkneck I would pay 3-400 maybe more....depending on what it came with and what case and bodycolor. The CMG is a joke for pricing and no better looking or sounding except it is H/H and not P/J.

16. Vain1

Vain1

Hey Amimbari, How do you like the new JPB? I saw the price list on Audiozone and was surprised that they retailed for more than I thought.

17. Vain1

Vain1

So I have a question for you all. How did you become aware of Charvel/Jackson? For me, It was the liner notes of Ratt's Out Of The Cellar album. I liked the guitar sounds and after many years finally bought one.

18. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Dude! Trade Up Music on Alberta St. here in PDX has a metallic hot pink Charvel pointy-head, in great shape, for $180. :eek:

19. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've already posted "normal" pics of my Jackson in the existing ;) Jackson club thread, so here's an arty shot in colors appropriate to the era:

[​IMG]

20. mattconte

mattconte

That would have to be a picture of Jake E Lee with Ozzy playing at the US festival. I saw that he was playing a Strat. But it did not have "Fender" on the head stock. It had what looked like the illustration of an acoustic guitar (The Charvel Logo) Then I started hearing about this custome guitar builder, Wayne Charvel and how everyone in LA was having him make guitars and basses for them. The talk in the music scene around the Phoenix area was that a Charvel was the guitars to have. but no one had one. I saw photos of them. read about them. but never saw one in person. Then the Model Series came out and my Bass(and all of the ones that came in with it) was the first one I saw up close. I was the first Bassist to have one in town. But it was not long when everyone had one. So I was no longer SPECIAL!!!! :bawl:

21. amimbari

amimbari

and was never offered in the catalogs :) Marleaux sued em before they could make too many..1200 total in 3 different trim levels -painted p/j trans HH and paduwak natural oiled HH

ya but I'll bet it's right handed :(

and to old threads, nothing expires which to me is stupid because who cares about gear that people had 5 years ago :scowl::eyebrow:

( like the "show your bass thread 12" --what the hell do you need 18,237 posts dating back 7 years for ??? just like 5000 other threads that started in 2001 )

my thing on the Jacksons came around 1985 when I saw a "rich-kid" heavymetal band here. These guys had rich parents that bought them anything and they all had USA Jacksons. I liked the different neck on the Jackson compared to the Kramers for thinness and bought a 2b used in a pawnshop and for what our band was doing, it worked fine. the NikkiSix and Ellefson's p/p tbird made me re-consider a Gibson, but then in 94 the tbx came out and at that time the Jackson was 200 more than the Gibson but I still bought it. I used it for many years and retired it when I bought my Epi and Dillion birds, then in the early 2000's I started finding all the Charvels used for cheap, and bought a lot of them for collectibles really because even to this day I only use 2-3 of them, the lefty p/HB for passive or my 575 Kramer.

( for active I use one of the 4b's - don't matter which one cause they sound the same )

I will just say that THANK YOU WORLD, for allowing the resale value to plummet so low to allow people now a days to find an excellent old product --- CHEAP!!!