1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

The OFFICIAL Craigslist Wizard Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PortlandBass77, Apr 8, 2014.

Are you a Craigslist Wizard?

1. YES!

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't use craigslist

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I use ebay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PortlandBass77

PortlandBass77

The thread where everyone can brag about their dealings on CL! Also I will bet 5 pesos that someone will upload/link photos to a mint condition USA Strat that they got for $200 or less... Anyways here is my first (with many more to come as time allows):

I bought this Field Les Paul along with a Peavey Fury (that is a long term project that shall be announced in a separate thread) for $95. The only problem with it at the time of purchase were the pickups were wired extremely badly to the point that only the bridge pickup worked. I fixed it up and sold it for $160

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sm49341

sm49341

I hired two very talented guitarists this late last year who responded to ads on CL. First guy had a job relocation and had to move. Got second guy in about 5 weeks. Had to weed thru several not so greats. Some of the not so greats were responding to ads on store bboard. It's not just clist that has weirdos, they're everywhere .
    Also my bass head is a CL purchase. SWR Workinman4000. It's been fine.

3. PortlandBass77

PortlandBass77

Finally found the time to upload another:

Bought this Ibanez GTR 70 for $35. New knobs and a cleanup later I sold it for $150:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

2 basses , 4 amp heads , 6 speaker cabs , 1 drumset , 2 cars , 1 car motor , 1 car transmission all from craigslist. Also got into 2 bands from it. One was pretty good and the other was a real stinker. I left that one after a few weeks. Of the purchases ,only one of the cars had any unseen problems but that was taken care of quickly and wasn't a huge deal. The other car (along with the cl motor) went 13.5 seconds @ 101 mph in the quarter mile a couple weeks ago. Oh yeah , I got my wireless and a set of drum mics off cl too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DrVenkman

DrVenkman

Picked up an Ampeg B100r for $160. Fixed the burned out power light, everything else was great as is. Haven't decided if I'm keeping it or selling it; if I sell it will be for $300.

Go a Musicman S.U.B. (the older US-made version) and a Roland DB-500 for $200. Drove straight to the music store and sold them for $300 (could have got more if I'd been willing to hold them a while).

7. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

Got a Bugera v22 that hasn't had any problems for an even $100 and a Squier Classic Vibe P for $180

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Ben Berd

Ben Berd Supporting Member

Picked up a Hartke VX 410 for 25 bucks! No issues with it other than the previous band's name spray painted on the top of it, but my head covered it anyway.

9. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Yamaha Stage Custom 6pc set for $140... pretty sweet deal.