The Official Hagstrom Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassalo, Sep 27, 2010.

1. bassalo

bassalo

I searched and found nothing of its kind here, so I thought I'd start one. This club is for all Hagstrom bass owners, both new and vintage basses. All I ask is that your bass be a Hagstrom and that we keep this friendly. Let's see 'em!!

Here's my 2009 HB-4:

Attached Files:

2. GlennW

GlennW

If parts basses count, I'm in. This is a '63 Hag Futurama Bass neck on a '67 Hag Viking (guitar) body. The headstock logo is also from the Viking. Still working on it.

3. WaskoDS

WaskoDS

Sounds good to me. '67 Hagstrom IIB. Tuners and pickups are non-original. No clue what they are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. bassalo

bassalo

Sure, parts basses count. As long as their all Hagstrom!

#1 bassalo
    #2 GlennW
    #3 WaskoDS

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
    I'm interested in the new Beluga II but can't seem to find one anywhere. Do they just have problems with distribution here in the States?

7. bassalo

bassalo

Try St. Joe Music:

http://stjoemusic.com/b2f-coc.html

8. BoRadBass

BoRadBass

I am not looking for a number. As I sold it cause I couldn't handle the tiny neck. 67 HIIB All original.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The little thing did sound HUGE, I kind of miss it. I think it is in Japan now.

9. BlountEdge

BlountEdge I play (mostly) jazz basses Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Former contributing journalist for Bassics Magazine
    Well, I'm no longer an owner, but my first bass was a Hagstrom.

Here's a brief story:

One day (late 60s/early 70s), my uncle took my brother and I down to Greenwich Village and bought our first instruments. My brother got a drum set; I got a Hagstrom bass and Traynor combo amp. Although I'm not sure of the model, it looked just like the one pictured by BoRadBass, but with a natural finish.

I have fond memories of that day, especially since my uncle and brother are now both deceased. I am also forever indebited to my uncle for his early support and mentoring of my musical development.

In that sense, I guess I'll always "feel" like a Hagstrom owner ... (sniff, sniff....) and I really regret selling that bass!

10. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
  11. Bevo1995

Bevo1995

I'll join! Here's my '75 H II BN. It was my first bass.

[​IMG]

It's all original excpet for the pots (and strings of course).

I got it from a friend in 1985. I bought a no-name import amp and some pedals from him and he threw this in for free. I think he felt bad about selling me a bunch of junk equipment, so he gave me the bass along with it. I think I might have paid $100 for everything? Anyway, I came out on the sweet end of that deal.

12. bostrowskij

bostrowskij

My very first bass was a -69 HIIB, cool to see the pics above!
    This is my Hagström Concord C1. Not sure about age since there is something strange about the serial nr, it belongs to a Viking Guitar series. Could be an error from the factory , the bass was advertised as "The Viking Bass" when it was introduced in 1967 and they later changed the name to Concord. I've been told there were 750 of these basses made 1967-1971.
    [​IMG]

13. bassalo

bassalo

Do you mind if I ask what you sold it for? I want one like this.

14. bassalo

bassalo

#1 bassalo
    #2 GlennW
    #3 WaskoDS
    #4 Bevo1995
    #5 bostrowskij

15. joshwilkesbooth

joshwilkesbooth

I have a black Hagstrom 1. It was my dad's first bass guitar, he got it at a pawn shop in the 60's for $35 I think. It is completely unplayable at this point. I took it to my tech to get it fixed up for his birthday last year, and that didn't even really work out too well. It needs a new neck.

16. BoRadBass

BoRadBass

I sold the white Hag. for 600 buckaroos. I see why you want one, it would compliment your Hag nicely. Too bad you weren't around like 6 months ago when I was selling it... We are both in CT.

17. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

My '67 Hag II that I bought new and modified back in the late 60's or early 70's with 2 mudbuckers. The sound of the 2 mudbuckers is totally powerful and amazing. By having one at the bridge and mixing in just a bit of the neck pup their is a fantastic deep growl. The centered stock pup gives a very P like sound. The roundwound strings are still on from the 70's and I am scared to change them - the sound is too good. The neck is still the best and fastest neck I have ever experienced and so easy to play.

I also scored an identical mint '68 (with original case!) earlier this year to have one that is stock. I figure at some point I won't be able to handle the long scale any more and will go back to these great shorties.

[​IMG]

18. Fly Guitars

Fly Guitars

I love Hagstrom basses. I've had a few come and go, but currently love my red Concord bass - playing that out a lot. Also got a couple 8-strings (including the one that is pictured in Tony Bacons book) and an HIIBN.

Great basses - I really want a Coronado with bisonics

19. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

The very first bass I ever perved on was a Hagstrom HIIB. I never did get one, but got the Hagstrom bug again a number of years ago and my first was an all original HB-1. A lot of sound for a little bass!

Fly Guitars - A couple of years later I got very lucky indeed and found exactly that - an all original Coronado IV with Bi-Sonics! This thing totally rocks!!! Those pickups sound huge, and the "towel rack" volume slide protector is absolutely the bomb.:D

I had a '72 Swede at one point, 9.5 condition and ended up flipping it in a trade. Gorgeous and beautifully made, but not for me.

20. Bongolation

Bongolation

There were some astounding prices on new Hagstrom basses on Amazon a couple of months back. I think some were (briefly) 82% off MSRP, then they popped up to 42%, then they were gone. Bunch of different styles.

Anyone get one?

I was tempted, but I'm trying to swear off sub-pro gear, no matter how long the deal because I simply have no more room for it. :meh:

21. bassalo

bassalo

#1 bassalo
    #2 GlennW
    #3 WaskoDS
    #4 Bevo1995
    #5 bostrowskij
    #6 Gio S
    #7 bassclef112

remember, no pic, no bass:bassist: