The Official TB Photography thread - f/2.8

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pacman, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    Well, it's actually the third one....

continued from here.
  2. Pacman

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Let me lead off with this one from a shoot today. This beauty is actually a photographer, wanting to learn strobes. So I said, sure if you model for me :D

[​IMG]
  3. DigMe

DigMe

Great pic!

bc
  4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    [​IMG]

A pic taken when my father was at the hospital.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pacman

Media:
    Disclosures:

Dude. This photo is a significant emotional event. It tells a story, it conveys meaning. There is nothing I can say other than "perfect."
  7. wilser

wilser

8. gttim

gttim

Shot Toubab Krewe in Asheville at Pisgah Brewing Company. 1st concert shoot using new Nikon D7000 and 1st real shoot using Lightroom to process. Full set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bass player came walking out from around the back of the stage late in the second set, still playing. He walked up and started talking to me and my GF, never missing a note. Said the Ric was a '73 and he was now spoiled by the wireless unit his mom gave him as a gift. Then he walked off, jamming, talking to other folks in the crowd. He has been playing that Ric for a while. The back of the neck was well worn. The used both their new drummer and their old drummer, along with their percussionist, for a very interesting show.
  9. HEIST

HEIST

For the cover of an electronic music online magazine.

[​IMG]
  10. Pacman

Media:
    Disclosures:
  11. jonathan_matos5

jonathan_matos5

nice shots guys! i need to get back into photography, ive been lacking motivation lately. :meh:
  12. Spectrum

Spectrum

Shot this the other day on Kodak film, printed it in the darkroom last night. I need to find a way to "float" the instrument in mid-air, build some sort of stand for that.

[​IMG]
  13. DigMe

DigMe

Heist - I am convinced that you live in an alternate universe. You take good pics though. :)

bc
  14. spade2you

spade2you

15. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
  16. carlos840

carlos840

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody here still shoots film?
    I got a D7000 in January and have developed a photography addiction!

For some reason the film aspect really attracts me (i did have a film camera when i was growing up) and i just bought a nikon FM2n on ebay!
    Cant wait to get it and see how i like it!

I dont really know what attracted me to 35mm! Maybe the same reasons that attracts me to old Fenders and tube amps!

Anyways, anybody else still shooting film?
  17. Pacman

Media:
    Disclosures:
    I closed the last thread with this, but I'd love feedback on these shots....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. jmorbita

jmorbita

the second one is really interesting /intriguing... looks to me like she could be the queen of some lost culture
  19. DigMe

DigMe

Jon,

I think they're both awesome shots though I will say that being on some photography forums and groups I've seen the closeup shot of the face framed by a veil done many times so much so that when I see them now to me it feels a little overdone. I was thinking this just a couple of days ago when I saw a similar setup on the Strobist group pool. However, that's probably not the feeling of the average person looking at it and it does feel a bit more authentic with her exotic look and that really-cool ring. What a great subject to photograph.

Lighting is perfect on both. The first one totally nailed that fashion lighting look. Beauty dish, I assume. I think in processing I would soften the second one a bit and see how it compares to your final product. It might not be better but I'd be interested to see how it would look with a little softening or just, say, 30 luminance in LR (not to reduce noise, mind you, but just to smooth a bit). The lighting did the smoothing for you on the first one.

Looking back up at post #2 in this thread I think you did a killer job with the high key.

bc
  20. DigMe

DigMe

One more thing - and this is just absolutely a tiny little thing. Unless you're just going for total authenticity I think I would heal out the little dent/pock mark on her chin slight camera left on the second photo. I found my eyes going to it a bit on 3rd look and its shadow is deep. I think the beauty mark near her eye adds to the photo though.

bc
  21. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Not shooting, but intending on.

I have shot with a Nikon SLR in the past (cheapy one, maybe an F75?) Great fun.

I'm planning on picking up a Canon SLR at some point (just so I can use the same lenses as I use for my digital).

Amazing thing with film cameras is how cheap a good quality one is! Granted, you need to pay for film, but it makes you think a bit more about each shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.