The old guy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Davesound, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Davesound

Davesound

Hi

I'm presently playing my Ibanez GSR Mikro m20 bass at gigs .Its a great bass. I really like it, but maybe a little toy like with some of its componets such as plastic knobes ,etc. I was thinking about getting another short scale.Maybe a little upgrade ,if possible? Something maybe a little better . I'm been looking at a price point of around $700.00 dollars, which is much more then my Ibanez cost.Can someone tell me about the Warwick Corvette short scale bass.I can't find one in my area to look at and try.I don't like to drive so my area is somewhat small. The Ibanez is a small ,thin neck,very fast bass which suites me perfect.Its also light.Is the Warwick Corvette anything like this.

Thanks

Dave

2. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
    Just note that if you look for something else, you are going to have to step from the 28.6 to at least 30 inch scale. I'm not aware of another production 28.6 inch scale bass.

Maybe you want to consider buying another and having a pro
    replace the tuners, nut, bridge, pickups, knobs, wiring and top it all off with a great setup.

3. Davesound

Davesound

Hi

After thinking over the suggestion of getting another Ibanez Mikro ,to me it makes a lot of sense.If I really like the size etc of this bass ,why change.And to what? I'm going to order another one.I'm going to put different strings,etc on it.That way I have a perfect backup and a bass hopefully that will give me a little different sound,but with the feel I like.

Thanks

Dave

4. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
    The Mikros are really great, really fun basses, in my opinion.

I always thought Ibanez was leaving big money on the table not doing a Pro version of it. Lots of Mikro owners would gladly pay
    a chunk more for that body and scale - with upgraded tuners, pickups, knobs, wiring, etc. Especially if they did some translucent finishes.

5. Register to disable this ad