The old guy

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Davesound, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Davesound

Davesound

Hi

I'm looking for a very light bass amp combo.I see a Phil Jones combo amp that is a 100 watts ? ,and has two 5 in speakers.8.8 lbs ? Sometimes I use a Fender 30 watt Rumble amp.Lifting it by myself can be difficult.Would the PG cover an audience of 75-100 quiet people? We play standards,and 50 to 70 music.Not loud.Has anyone purchased one of these.No place to hear it near me.

Thanks

Dave A
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies Supporting Member

Look at getting a lightweight head and a separate 112 cabinet. That would do you better and be sufficient for what you're saying.

Look for a neodymium 12 in a light weight cab and a head in the 500w range (around 5 pounds).
  3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

MB200 covers those gigs. 2lb.

Maybe get some wheels under your cab and drag it up stairs. I'm not really getting the weight problem with lifting a Rumble30.
  4. Marginal Tom

Marginal Tom

The Fender website says the 30W Rumble weights 29 pounds. If you buy a micro head and a small cab and are willing to make two trips, you can easily shave off 10-15 pounds. I normally use a Little Mark amp with a Schroeder 10L cab. I have two of the cabs, so I can either have one cab at 300W or two sharing 500W. Or you could get a 10-15 pound custom-built cab with an 8" Faital speaker, like a Crazy 8, and save even more weight.
  5. Register to disable this ad