1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The old guy

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Davesound, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Davesound

Davesound

Hi

I'm looking for a very light bass amp combo.I see a Phil Jones combo amp that is a 100 watts ? ,and has two 5 in speakers.8.8 lbs ? Sometimes I use a Fender 30 watt Rumble amp.Lifting it by myself can be difficult.Would the PG cover an audience of 75-100 quiet people? We play standards,and 50 to 70 music.Not loud.Has anyone purchased one of these.No place to hear it near me.

Thanks

Dave A
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

Look at getting a lightweight head and a separate 112 cabinet. That would do you better and be sufficient for what you're saying.

Look for a neodymium 12 in a light weight cab and a head in the 500w range (around 5 pounds).
  3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

MB200 covers those gigs. 2lb.

Maybe get some wheels under your cab and drag it up stairs. I'm not really getting the weight problem with lifting a Rumble30.
  4. Marginal Tom

Marginal Tom

The Fender website says the 30W Rumble weights 29 pounds. If you buy a micro head and a small cab and are willing to make two trips, you can easily shave off 10-15 pounds. I normally use a Little Mark amp with a Schroeder 10L cab. I have two of the cabs, so I can either have one cab at 300W or two sharing 500W. Or you could get a 10-15 pound custom-built cab with an 8" Faital speaker, like a Crazy 8, and save even more weight.