1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The old guy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davesound, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Davesound

Davesound

Hi Guy's

I'll be 70 years old this Saturday and still playing.Started playing in my teens with a Danelectro bass.Wasn't much more then a piece of cardboard.Didn't sound bad,but finally literally, fell apart. Then got a Fender! Was in my teens,and in a band that did many shows with popular recording artist.Some fine memories! Back then I didn't realize how special that was.

Thanks

Dave A

Thanks
  2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

Dave - Congrats! I bet you have some interesting stories to tell!
  3. wmheilma

wmheilma

Congrats! I hit the big 50 earlier this month. Got any stories from way back when?
  4. Mike M.

Mike M.

Another congrat's! I'm 60 and still think very fondly of when I started gigging in 1970.

What year did you start playing live? I too would love to hear some stories.
  5. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Good on ya, mate. There's a few gigs in you yet. My dad's a drummer who was gigging into his late 70s and is still musically active (although not gigging as such) at the ripe old age of 84.
  6. Gazman

Gazman Supporting Member

That is amazing, what a great post to start my day. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.